Tung Chung - Caribbean Coast

Tung Chung - Caribbean Coast

Hello everyone,

I'm due to move to HK around Jan/Feb 2007. Have been looking at the apartments in Tung Chung, the Caribbean Coast complex.

Does anyone know if this is a good place to be (being so close to the airport) and is the place finished or is there still consrstruction going on??

I've looked at properties via Proway/Hong Kong homes website and they seem to be reasonably priced !!

Any advice please ????

Cheers

Hey,

Tung Chung is really well priced and was looking at possibly moving there myself. However when I flew in to HK a couple of weeks ago I realised that I did not have to make an appointment to view inside the apartment!!! Ok so maybe they are not that close to the airport to be able to see in, but the airport will be your main view....

If you have the time and money it is well worth a visit first to check these things out.

Yes i know they are pretty close to the airport, i'm just worried about how much noise you'll hear from aircraft all day long !!

Luckily my mate is off out to HK in 2 weeks so he's gonna check them out..

Caribbean Coast

I live in TC (Coastal Skyline - actually moving to Caribbean Coast this weekend) and sometimes you can hear the planes if you have your windows open. But its not extremely loud. I sleep with my window open and it's fine.

I believe that most of the construction in front of Phase II is complete, so there shouldn't be any problems with that.

I prefer Caribbean Coast to the other estates because it has all the shops downstairs, so its really convenient. It also has a shuttle bus to citygate.

Hey Argie,

What's the minimum term for Rental of property in TC ??
    If you want to upgrade to a bigger apartment after say 6 months, can you do this easily or are you tied in for the contract ??

englishbob, I was over there a couple of weeks ago looking at apartments and argie is right - the aircraft noise isn't too bad at all. There was more noise from construction though... The views may not be the prettiest in HK but they are fine (better in my mind than looking at neighbouring hi-rises) and the quality of the fixtures and fittings were first rate (especially at the price).

The property agent I was using seemed to be saying that the minimum term was 12 months at which point the contract is renegotiated and then signed for a further 12 months. But she also seemed to say that most things are negotiable and you may be able to get a shorter period. I'm sure someone else will be able to confirm this. Not rented through them yet (depends on the outcome of my job interview next week) but their service so far has been first rate. If you want their details I can PM them to you.

Caribbean Coast

Hi there,
    I moved to Caribbean Coast a few months ago. It's a really great place to live. There are 2 phases to it - I am in phase 1 and so the construction there has pretty much finished, so there is no noise from that department. There is no aircraft noise at all - only the faint noise of the train as it goes past if you have a mountain view, but it's really nothing to get worried about. The train has never kept me awake.
    I have never visited Phase 2, but I know construction is still in progress on the last couple of buildings in that phase and I have read that some people had some noise problems over there.
    Caribbean Coast provides regular, free shuttle busses to and from Tung Chung MTR station for all residents, and they run both ways until about 1am, and start again in the mornings at around 6.
    There is a great health club - it has and indoor and outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, bowling facilities, indoor golf, gym, free internet, and a kids area (if you have them).
    On top of all this, Tung Chung is a really great place to live. It is equipped with a few bars and restaurants, a really great shopping centre, and movie cinemas. It's only about 15 minutes by bus from Discovery Bay which is also a popular place to hang out, drink and eat.
    Hope this info helps you.

englishbob,

Min term tends to be a 2 year contract with the option to opt out after 12 months.

I have seen one ad in Park N Shop (supermarket) in the mall advertising a short/long term lease in Caribbean Coast. Next time I am there I will take a look and send you the details.

I don't think short-term leases are very common in Caribbean - from what I have seen.

Hope this helps x

Thanks for your help everyone,

didn't reply sooner, just got back from a few days rest in France !!!!

Richack10, can you send details of the property agent you used pls..cheers!

Banned

If you have time check the newsgroup that I created for Caribbean Coast:

http://www.caribbeancoast.org