Kitchen Exhaust fan

Closed Thread

Kitchen Exhaust fan

I live in Seaview Crescent and recently I found out that my kitchen exhaust fan is not working properly. My kitchen has this greasy feel after cooking. I would like to replace the exhaust fan with a new one. Any recommendation?

It might be the filters. Some of the fans are actually filters that need to be replaced. When I opened mine, one it only had one empty filter and the other one was missing altogether...if you cook at lot, at some point the filers will busrt and shoot charcoal pellets into your food....yummy.

If you do a lot Chinese cooking, you simply cannot avoid greasy feel. I have a 12" KDK Window Mount + a telescopic Hood (With carbon filter) installed in my kitchen and it is still greasy after stir fry/pan fry food.

Yeah. I would like one with easy access cleaning but I have no idea which style or brand is good. Any idea?

are you on about the cookerr hood or the fan in the window?

Cooker hood I have Ariafina.
    fan in window I have KDK.

2 questions:
    1. where do you go for the replacement filters and frames? The frame for my filter broke, and i'd like to replace both.
    2. What is the best way to clean the filters/frames so that there is no so much grease buildup?

Quote Originally Posted by BaconBreadBaker:
    2 questions:
    1. where do you go for the replacement filters and frames? The frame for my filter broke, and i'd like to replace both.
    2. What is the best way to clean the filters/frames so that there is no so much grease buildup?
    I would like to know too.

I would like a cooker hood brand that will still allow me to keep my kitchen cabinet (you'll know what I mean if you guys live in Seaview Crescent).

I had 3 exhaust fans replaced just last week, $650 per fan + $700 to have the old ones removed and new ones fitted.

Found a local appliance store in the northern wilderness of the NT.

Quote Originally Posted by meechan:
    I would like a cooker hood brand that will still allow me to keep my kitchen cabinet (you'll know what I mean if you guys live in Seaview Crescent).
    You only need to move the cabinet door hinges onto the other side sos it opens from the otherside.

Simple job, get your man to do it.