Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jimbo
  • 1 Post By allseasons
  • 1 Post By allseasons

Looking for homecook daily catering (Tung Chung)

Closed Thread

Lightbulb Looking for homecook daily catering (Tung Chung)

Hey all ! Me and my fiancee (both from Malaysia) have just move to Hong Kong is looking for home cook daily catering (most likely for weekdays only) for our dinner. I have been cooking dinner by myself for us and it doesn't seem to save much as compare to eating out.

Any idea where I can find some home cook catering service around Tung Chung with reasonable price? Or maybe I should start venturing into that service?

Let me know if anyone of you is also looking for home cook catering service. Leave your message!

Cheers!

Should be cheap cooking for two assuming you go to the wet market as opposed to taste.

Meat fruit and veg are so much cheaper

joey_ong28 likes this.

Thanks Jimbo! I do go to the wet market at Fu Tung plaza (underground) sometimes. Not sure its just me or anyone here have the same feeling, I'm not very comfortable visiting the wet market sometimes as I feel they are unfriendly and sometimes rude. Alternatively, I will end up with Taste. That's why I'm trying my luck to get home cook catering service around here.

Maybe I just need to get use to the people and culture over here.

Hi..I also need daily catering like this..anyone has info?

joey_ong28 likes this.

Many HK families use this home cooking service called "MAID". About $4k per month plus cost of ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by joey_ong28:
    Thanks Jimbo! I do go to the wet market at Fu Tung plaza (underground) sometimes. Not sure its just me or anyone here have the same feeling, I'm not very comfortable visiting the wet market sometimes as I feel they are unfriendly and sometimes rude. Alternatively, I will end up with Taste. That's why I'm trying my luck to get home cook catering service around here.

You're from Malaysia, how different is HK going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by joey_ong28:

I'm not that familiar with Malaysian culture, although I have been there once. In HK, even if they are unfriendly or rude, they're not going to rip you off, and will be fair (like with the change they give you). You'll sometimes find, though, at the wet markets some sellers that are very passionate about what they do and are very friendly, so keep trying and know that you don't need to worry about safety -- you're very safe even if they look "dodgy".

There's Secret Ingredient (unfortunately they don't deliver to Tung Chung):
    Food Delivery Hong Kong | Meal Delivery Hong Kong | Secret Ingredient

The Tung Wah Hospital also offers a service to delivery home cooked meals, but I'm not sure about the details. Have a look, it's a good social enterprise:
    Tung Wah Group of Hospitals Community Services / History

Thankss a lot

Elegiaque likes this.

Thank you so much Elegiapue for your wonderful sharing! Yes, I do agree that they will not ripped you off over here. Hahah! Anyway, I kinda get used to it after past few months. Will keep trying and thanks again! Cheers~~

Yat Tung restaurants.

Or go Tsuen Wan wet markets on the E31 and bulk it up. Much cheaper than TC.