Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By pin
  • 1 Post By virago

Champion Lasik Eye Surgery

Closed Thread

Champion Lasik Eye Surgery

Does anybody have any recommendation for this centre? They have a special on Groupon which looks inexpensive but interested in any comments.

CHAMPION LASIK CENTRE 嘉賓激光矯視中心

Original Post Deleted
    It's just under $10,000 for both eyes. I just called them they have been operating since late 90's. Seems very cheap really.

Up to 90% discount on restaurants, spas, wellness, fitness - groupon.hk
    Vrindavan likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Sounds to me like you did the right thing. I don't think this is the kind of thing that you look around for the cheapest offer!

The normal price is around $16,000 from these guys but as it's on Groupon it's around 40% off for today only.

It's very tempting. I will go and visit them later today and have a look before deciding.

But please read what surgery and after care you are getting.

The flap with the Groupon offer is being cut by a blade (which is always cheaper). Most places now use a laser (and wavefront technology) to do the flap cutting.

virago likes this.

They actually use the Wavefront technology. Just reading through it now. But I don't know much as to whats good or bad so have to research more.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    They actually use the Wavefront technology. Just reading through it now. But I don't know much as to whats good or bad so have to research more.

Differences between blade free and blade:

Thanks for the advice.

I went in to the centre and did a check. They do both procedures but the special was on the knife version. Their price for the laser surgery was $20800 or around that.

As my eyes are only -1.5 the doctor said that the knife surgery was fine and acceptable but needed more testing. The doctor mentioned that I might have to have reading glasses after! I don't need them now. She also mentioned that I could have one eye corrected and the other eye at -.75 or something so I could read. Sounds a bit weird but was common practice.

Anyway I didn't go ahead with it and just wanted to spend some more time reviewing before going ahead.

I will check out the other Sanatorium centre before going ahead.

Saintourim is good. did my two eyes with Dr. Li Wai Tat, Walton
    Some new special method he use. It is expensive but worth it..

Hello I know its been a few years since your last post. I am seriously thinking ofgetting LASIK from HK Sanatorium and would like to know your experience. What was your power before? Did you have astigmatism> And how much did it improve a few months after?

Thanks a lot!