Like Tree4Likes

Cold remedies?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cold remedies?

OK, I'm turning to you guys again! This morning I woke up with one really nasty cold, sinus pain, runny nose, sore throat, the works! Other than Panadol cold and flu (and the various types, Extra with vit C etc) what works for you? Got one week to shake this off before a diving holiday!!

rest, rest, rest and more rest.... oh yeah, and a box of tissues to carry around with you everywhere you go....which should only be between your bed and the bathroom....

Claire ex-ax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    OK, I'm turning to you guys again! This morning I woke up with one really nasty cold, sinus pain, runny nose, sore throat, the works! Other than Panadol cold and flu (and the various types, Extra with vit C etc) what works for you? Got one week to shake this off before a diving holiday!!
    Fight it with your brain box. Do yoga, tell yourself you WILL NOT be ill. WILL yourself better with positivity. Repaeat this mantra 'I WILL NOT BE SICK, I WILL NOT BE SICK'

Failing that, large scotch, squeeze of lemon, dash of honey, couple of cloves, splash of hot water. Repeat until the pain goes away.
    bookblogger likes this.

Ah the old hot toddy...! Cloves would make it yum, hadnt tried that!

1. Sleep!
    2. Bovril (the original beef flavour, not that newfangled chicken stuff)
    3. Chicken noodle soup

luckycat likes this.

2 asprins + quarter of bottle of scotch + Sauna + water + sleep. Works for me everytime.

I always use active Manuka honey, usually helps to ease throat pain and kill the bacteria. The taste takes some getting used to, at least it did for me, but I find it works well.

Forget about panadol, this one from Japan is the best one for stopping running nose and other flu symptoms. I don't know if you can get it in HK but I always ask my friends to get some from Japan when they go travelling.

Name:  DSC_0243.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  271.7 KB

Bovril - what a great shout.

In the absence of Bovril, chop up lots of ginger and add it to boiling water. That will help with your sinuses and throat.

Hope you feel better soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    Bovril - what a great shout.

In the absence of Bovril, chop up lots of ginger and add it to boiling water. That will help with your sinuses and throat.

Hope you feel better soon!!
    Does Bovril get jealous if you use ginger?
    Satay Sue likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast