• 1 Post By Satay Sue
  • 1 Post By newlife_hk
  • 1 Post By rlleung
  • 1 Post By gevk

LASIK Eye Surgery @Hong Kong Health Consulting

Closed Thread

LASIK Eye Surgery @Hong Kong Health Consulting

Dear all,

There is LASIK Eye Surgery @Hong Kong Health Consulting on promotion at Groupon $13998 instead of $23000 for Intra LASIK Eye Surgery PLUS Full Pre and Post-Surgery Care

I love to buy it as it having huge discount, so please share your information about LASIK Eye Surgery @Hong Kong Health Consulting ?? is that good?

Vrindavan likes this.

There are so many Lasik promotions/deals going around and I really don't know which one's good and whether they are trustworthy. ANyone has done Lasik before? ANy recommendations?

I think unless you have a personal recommendation you shouldn't look for bargains with this kind of surgery. Look for the number of operations performed by the surgeon and do your homework.
    Mr SS and I had ours done in Japan 5 years ago. We did pay up, at the time some cheap places there were getting reported for poor sanitation and follow up nasty infections.

gevk likes this.

I did my Lasik at Hong Kong Laser Eye Center and the operation was quick and worth it. Side effects, for me, dry eyes and minor halo from lights at night. Makes driving a pain, but you get use to it. After the surgery had follow ups for 6 months.

Only problem was the scheduling for your followups. You may schedule for 11AM but wont be seen until 1 or 2 pm. The doctor I had was always late with these appointments, and the centre will schedule maybe 20 people at the same time as you. This isn't a problem as the followup takes maybe 2 minutes, but the doctor was always late for each one of my followups. I think he has to work in TST in the morning and go to Central in the afternoons, but still, do not expect to be done quickly with your followups.

Vrindavan likes this.

I actually did a "preliminary" check /seminar at the HK Laser Eye Center (the one in TST) and went through the usual quick check and seminar explaining the procedures. They said I would be "OK" but need another detailed check. They also gave me a "coupon" for some rebate but that's just gimmick.

Vrindavan likes this.

Best place for this is Hong Kong Sanatorium. I've had several friends going there, including one who's a physician herself. It's about 23k with follow ups one day, one week, one month and one year later, all included.

Do you mind sharing who your doctor is? How can I reach him/her?

Vanessa

Original Post Deleted

Original Post Deleted
    Also looking for a recommendation. Was it Dr Dorothy Fan Shu Ping, or Dr Hui Siu Ping? There are only two doctors on the list in the link that you sent that have the name "Ping", one's Dr Fan, and the other Dr Hui.

Is your wife happy with her operation?

Thanks!