Like Tree7Likes

Central Medical Practice in Prince's Building

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I say this every time this comes up but do y'all listen? Hell you don't.

Never go to a doctor in Central.

It's that simple. Just go a few yards down the road to a normal place like Sheung Wan or Wan Chai (or anywhere that's not Central) and see a normal doctor.

If you go to a doctor in Harley Street with a slight cough, don't be surprised if you end up with a large bill and stay in hospital for throat surgery. Give the poor doc a break, the profit on prescriptions for cough medicine are not going to pay for a fancy office in Harley Street and a bigger fleet of Rolls Royces than the doctor next door are they?

dear giant and MovingIn07 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    You are under no obligation to buy any of the medicines that the doctor suggests.
    If you didnt want the medicines, why did you agree to buy it?

During consultation every doctor we have seen there has explained the various medications and if we had objections to it, the doctor did not write the prescription for it...

Personally, I'm having a real hard time swallowing your totally ridiculous story.
    well, frankly the doctor i saw didnt explain the medicine during his 5min consultation...i wasn't given the list of prescription, only a bill for the medicine...then i demanded to see the prescription to see that he's prescribing antihistomine and all these ridiculous medicines...so i did not give my consent to anything because I wasn't given a choice!

i didnt come here to get your approval or asking u to believe anything....i'm just telling others what i've experienced..just because you didn't experience it, it doesnt give you the right to dismiss other..in any case, I'm just writing my experience out to warning the others...u have a right to read it and shut up if you don't believe it...but don't accuse me of lying because there is no need and no benefit for me to waste time posting up a lie here.

if you have any ability to read, you will realise that my experience wasn't unique...there are alot of others here who had the similar experience, over -prescription is a norm, not a standalone incident....

for other's benefit....i went to the private doctor recommended by a poster here on Caine Rd, Central and he was superb...only costed me $120 for consultation and 4 days medicine....exactly what i needed...and i'm already feeling better from the cough...

thanks guys for sharing!!

if anyone needs that doctor's detials, pls PM me..would be glad to help...

dipper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pilipala:
    well, frankly the doctor i saw didnt explain the medicine during his 5min consultation...i wasn't given the list of prescription, only a bill for the medicine...then i demanded to see the prescription to see that he's prescribing antihistomine and all these ridiculous medicines...so i did not give my consent to anything because I wasn't given a choice!
    The time to ask the questions is when you are consultation with the doctor. Its clear you didnt do that and left his office without asking anything about the pills.
    By the time you left his office and are waiting in the lobby for your bill is a bit too late.

i didnt come here to get your approval or asking u to believe anything....i'm just telling others what i've experienced..just because you didn't experience it, it doesnt give you the right to dismiss other..in any case, I'm just writing my experience out to warning the others...u have a right to read it and shut up if you don't believe it...but don't accuse me of lying because there is no need and no benefit for me to waste time posting up a lie here.
    If I see BS I will point it out and not be quiet about it. Doctors at that hospital do not blindly prescribe medicines without consulting and discussing it with the patient first.
    Furthermore, according to you, you got the pharmacy area and they forced you to buy/take a whole bunch of medicines that you didnt want.
    If this has actually happened to you then you should complain to the hospital management as it would be unprofessional and highly unusual. Coming to a message board and your gums with a ridiculous story wont help your case.
    if you have any ability to read, you will realise that my experience wasn't unique...there are alot of others here who had the similar experience, over -prescription is a norm, not a standalone incident....
    Being overprescribed is not unique.
    What is not believable is the fact that you went to the doctor, saw him for some time, didnt discuss your diagnosis and medicine but he forced you to buy, against your will, a whole bunch of irrelevant and unnecessary drugs.
    Last edited by HowardCoombs; 19-02-2012 at 05:53 AM.

I also don't believe that a doctor would write a prescription and then send you away without explaining what he had prescribed. Usually what he/she would say would go along the lines of "OK I'll write you a prescription for X which will do blah blah blah...." Yes over-prescription does seem the norm but you are able to question or refuse it!

For a good compassionate doctor in Mid level: Charge $120/ inclusive of medicines.
    Dr. Chan,
    120 Caine Road, Gd floor.
    No appointments . Walk in only. Waiting time about 45 minutes, Register then go and do your grocery shopping. Park N shop, Wellcome, Mannings, Watson are within walking distance. Come back after 30/235 minutes.
    Open: Mon-Fri: 8.30-1.00 , 3-7.30 PM
    Sat-Sun: 8.30- 1.00 PM

HowardCoombs likes this.

To the person who says they are only covered up to $350,you are lucky, my employer only covers us up to $200.

Near where I live in Sheung Wan, the GPs are around $250 including medicine. There is a GP office in HK station called DR George that charges around $320 including medicine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile