Like Tree40Likes

Excellent Reasonably Priced Dentist

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Lol very true

We're not here to massage your ego.
    Massage? Who mentioned massage? Count me in.
    MovingIn07 likes this.

wizardofoz

stu79, would you happen to know dr chu's operating hours? i just called but got a voicemail with no details.

Voicemail

Quote Originally Posted by wizardofoz:
    stu79, would you happen to know dr chu's operating hours? i just called but got a voicemail with no details.
    Same happened to me; so I went into the surgery and asked what it was about. Basically, if Dr Chu is booked out, they will not take any more bookings. If it is not super urgent, go into the surgery and make an appointment, which will probably be about 2 weeks or so away (kind of like in the West).

I had an urgent problem and went into the next dentist down the same road.
    wizardofoz likes this.

Hey Jimbo & Moving — GROW UP !!!!!!! Are you in high school or what?

Quote Originally Posted by peppiesg:
    Hey Jimbo & Moving — GROW UP !!!!!!! Are you in high school or what?
    You really are very new to internet forums aren't you?
    jimbo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenstar:
    Same happened to me; so I went into the surgery and asked what it was about. Basically, if Dr Chu is booked out, they will not take any more bookings. If it is not super urgent, go into the surgery and make an appointment, which will probably be about 2 weeks or so away (kind of like in the West).

I had an urgent problem and went into the next dentist down the same road.
    I must have been lucky, because I've always made an appointment on the day to be seen. If it's not urgent he is worth the wait though. I've now moved out to one of the outlying islands so it's a bit of a trek, but I wouldn't go anywhere else in HK.

wizardofoz

i called on saturday morning and managed to fix an appointment that same day (they open till 6 on saturdays). had to wait a while as the previous patient overran. had a general cleaning ($360) and patched a tooth ($360 per tooth). he was gentle and professional. thanks for the recommendation.

Smile Amazing Recommendation - thank you!

I found this posting around 11 am, was in the doctor's chair by 12:15, had my cracked and painful root canal extracted by 12:45 and was back in Central by 1pm. Including my two $70 cabs, the whole process was only $1440 - a third of what I was quoted in Central.

Prices are still the same from the OP's photo posted...

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    I can recommend a brilliant dentist for anybody who doesn't want to pay the earth for treatment:

Dr Chu,
    30-36 Shau Kei Wan Road,
    Sai Wan Ho
    Tel: 2539 8649

Having scoured these boards for help on this subject before I think it's only fair I put something back for anybody else in need of a good dentist.

Basically I have been blessed with wit and charm (no, honestly) but I was last in line when it comes to teeth. I have spent a LOT of time in the dentist's chair over the years and am quite nervous about going as it usually involves something uncomfortable and expensive.

After returning to Hong Kong last year after a two year absence I found that my previous dentist had acquired swish new offices and doubled her prices. As I needed some extensive work rather urgently I asked around and was put onto Dr Chu.

He was extremely professional and eased my nerves almost instantly. He explained exactly what he was going to do, why he was doing it and then treated my condition swiftly and painlessly. For a third of the cost of my previous dentist.

The quality of the work is as good as anything I've experienced back home and I recommend you give him a try if you are in need of a dentist. Yes, his surgery is a little out of the way but it's a $65 cab ride from Central - even with the return trip you'll likely save money and it's worth the extra effort in my opinion.

I've attached a current pricelist just in case anybody wants the info.

Anyway - hope this helps somebody out there eventually!
    Stu79, MovingIn07 and lingc like this.

Thumbs up Awesome and most reasonable Dentist I tried

Quote Originally Posted by mydarlinclem:
    I found this posting around 11 am, was in the doctor's chair by 12:15, had my cracked and painful root canal extracted by 12:45 and was back in Central by 1pm. Including my two $70 cabs, the whole process was only $1440 - a third of what I was quoted in Central.

Prices are still the same from the OP's photo posted...
    I used to have medical cover so went anywhere close for a dentist. However now I don't have cover and need 4 fillings and shopped around. After trying 3 I had been quoted from $1200 for a molar filling done in BoA Tower, Central. To $780 for the same in Kennedy Town. I was beginning to think it was going to cost me a fortune. However I thought I woudl give Dr. Joseph Chu a try as of this recommendation on Geo. I was seen the same day and he quoted $360 a filling, so snapped that up and had 4 done today for $1440 in total. He was very good and professional and I am very happy with the results and the price!

Dr. Joseph Chu; Tel: 25398649
    100m from Sai Wan Ho MTR
    46 Shau Kei Wan Road

(Be careful as there is another Dr Chu at 30-36 SKW Rd who is more expensive!
    rani and ebow3d like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OllyArthey:
    I used to have medical cover so went anywhere close for a dentist. However now I don't have cover and need 4 fillings and shopped around. After trying 3 I had been quoted from $1200 for a molar filling done in BoA Tower, Central. To $780 for the same in Kennedy Town. I was beginning to think it was going to cost me a fortune. However I thought I woudl give Dr. Joseph Chu a try as of this recommendation on Geo. I was seen the same day and he quoted $360 a filling, so snapped that up and had 4 done today for $1440 in total. He was very good and professional and I am very happy with the results and the price!

Dr. Joseph Chu; Tel: 25398649
    100m from Sai Wan Ho MTR
    46 Shau Kei Wan Road

(Be careful as there is another Dr Chu at 30-36 SKW Rd who is more expensive!
    Hi, your post is a bit confusing, as your contradicting OP and several other people that claim to have gone to the 30-36 address, however your phone and the OP's are exactly the same.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast