Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pegg

Endocrinologist in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Endocrinologist in Hong Kong

Does anyone know of a good Endocrinologist who deals with Thyroid issues?

Both my wife and I have seen Dr Lo Kwok Wing who is in charge of the Endocrine Department at the Sanitorium Hospital in Happy Valley.

http://www.hksh.com/en/doctors/index.html#c18

His charges may seem steep at $1500 for a first consult, with $1000 for the next, but compared to Dr Clive Cockram of Asiamedical, who taught Dr. Lo, who charges $2500 for a first consult with big mark ups on the medicine, he is reasonable.

A downside with Dr. Lo is he is extremely popular, maybe that's an upside too, and you need to book about a month in advance. Dr. Cockram you can see the same week, go figure!

I am sure you will get other recommendations but at least you have something to start with. Good luck.

Last edited by Cwbguy; 10-07-2013 at 12:43 PM.

I have thyrotoxicosis and type 2 Diabetes mellitus. I have consulted Dr. Fredriech Kwok-Wing Chan in Crawford house, Central. He is nice and cautious about use of medications. The consultation charge is also reasonable between $800 - 1200. Now my diabetes is well controlled with HbA1c under 6.5%. Hurray!

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegg:
    The consultation charge is also reasonable between $800 - 1200.
    This is obviously some strange usage of the term "reasonable" of which I was previously unaware!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    This is obviously some strange usage of the term "reasonable" of which I was previously unaware!
    Compared to a local psychiatrist and a western gynecologist that I have had dealings with in the last few months that is very reasonable!

They were charging $2,200-$2,500 a consult and were fully booked days in advance.

The gynecologist, being a leading expert in keyhole surgery, was worth it as he performed a lengthy and complex procedure on my wife after other cheaper surgeons said a full incision was needed.

The psychiatrist was a total charleton, more will be written about him later.

That;s difference between physicians and surgeons. I'm not sure about charges of psychiatrists. Haha!

Did you even try the $100 option?