Like Tree20Likes

Full body wet wipes

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Full body wet wipes

I'm going camping next month and I was looking for some large sized wet wipes I can clean myself with. There won't be any showers and there won't be enough water to shower with.

Baby wipes are too small and I will end up using too much.

Has anyone seen large wetwipes?

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    I'm going camping next month and I was looking for some large sized wet wipes I can clean myself with. There won't be any showers and there won't be enough water to shower with.

Baby wipes are too small and I will end up using too much.

Has anyone seen large wetwipes?
    I'd try the stores that sell canes, walkers, wheelchairs, etc.
    rickyross likes this.

am I the only scabby one thinkin -jus wash the bits that get stinky? at the risk of TMI - front back pits an feet?

how long u campin 4? those wet wipes are heavy! why not a skinny dip in a pool / the sea?

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    I'd try the stores that sell canes, walkers, wheelchairs, etc.
    this...is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler:
    am I the only scabby one thinkin -jus wash the bits that get stinky? at the risk of TMI - front back pits an feet?

how long u campin 4? those wet wipes are heavy! why not a skinny dip in a pool / the sea?
    just a matter of comfort for me. theres a huge backpack on my back, the suns blazing and I'll be pouring in sweat, so I like to change in something clean for the night. a quick wipe will make me even feel better.

a little fussy but its only a few wipes and a clean shirt in my pack

use a flannel?

Unfortunately it doesn't include excessive packaging and the disposal of one time only non-woven matterial.

It may require a rinse and leaving to dry.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I've used Fresh Bath when bathing facilities have not been available. They come in two size - travel and large.

Travel:

Large - big enough for the whole body, and very thick, not like wet wipes:

The bad news see I haven't seen them in Hong Kong. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:

use a flannel?

Unfortunately it doesn't include excessive packaging and the disposal of one time only non-woven matterial.

It may require a rinse and leaving to dry.
    Don't know what warranted such sarcasm in the first place, but I'm not wasting precious water to bathe myself when I need it to drink and cook when camping.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    The bad news see I haven't seen them in Hong Kong. Sorry.
    I wouldn't have even bothered with this thread if I were in the States but the point of this thread was to find these products in Hong Kong, which, like you, I haven't found here.
    Last edited by rickyross; 31-01-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Don't know what warranted such sarcasm in the first place, but I'm not wasting precious water to bathe myself when I need it to drink and cook when camping.

I wouldn't have even bothered with this thread if I were in the States but the point of this thread was to find these products in Hong Kong, which, like you, I haven't found here.
    You don't say how long you will actually be away camping, but I have prior to camping had a good scrub, then pre soaking with some Dettol or antibacterial soap , a thin hand towel and kept it sealed inside a plastic bag for an all over sponge wash. You can always rinse it out in a stream or area where there should be running water. A Wet cloth can be kept for a few days at least before it needs a rinse out. You can buy Dettol hand wipes anywhere for hands, face and feet, plus nether regions in HK.

I found a few on taobao.

Hard to navigate, complicated and hard to find items, but I have found exactly what I wanted and I'll have a few packages coming my way.

Definitely needed the help of a coworker that can read chinese much better than I can.

You don't need to use potable water for a sponge bath and you said camping rather than glamping
    Last edited by East_coast; 02-02-2014 at 08:33 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast