Like Tree24Likes

private hospitals

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

As a man I guess I am open to abuse here but if there is any health risks due to difficult/delayed delivery etc. is it not a "no brainer" to go for Cesarean?

yeah. oh well, just talked to the wife again and both of us decided to listen to the doctors.

Amniotic fluid is a indicator of abnormalities, or extractions of are, in the first 20 weeks of pregnancy. After that not an issue as such. If you do not agree to a C-section you will be encroaching on the doctors schedule. He may have a game of golf planned. Or a drive of his Lambo to Shek O. You really want to disturb that?

Know a few ladies that have had c sections, two of which had to be for do or die medical reasons, and the others who were too posh to push. Another guy I spoke to recently while on a hike told me that it is his wife's first time, and she can't bear the thought of the pain involved and he can't bear to watch it. I told him that the real pain begins after the birth....cost of hospital, clothes, food, accessories, schools......university, weddings.....

Grumbler, wtbhotia, bibbju and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    Amniotic fluid is a indicator of abnormalities, or extractions of are, in the first 20 weeks of pregnancy. After that not an issue as such. If you do not agree to a C-section you will be encroaching on the doctors schedule. He may have a game of golf planned. Or a drive of his Lambo to Shek O. You really want to disturb that?
    Amniotic fluid is what helps keep the baby alive, too little of it in late pregnancy can cause problems for the baby as, among other things it helps to prevent the umbilical getting crushed.

Lets not play doctors and nurses here. I'm no fan of automatic c-sections, but they exist for a reason, to help prevent problems when there is a genuine medical need to do so.

About the only thing I would suggest is to get a second opinion for another obstetrician. Other than that have faith they are doing it for the right reasons, if those issues exist it may be better to err on the side of caution.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Amniotic fluid is what helps keep the baby alive, too little of it in late pregnancy can cause problems for the baby as, among other things it helps to prevent the umbilical getting crushed.

Lets not play doctors and nurses here. I'm no fan of automatic c-sections, but they exist for a reason, to help prevent problems when there is a genuine medical need to do so.

About the only thing I would suggest is to get a second opinion for another obstetrician. Other than that have faith they are doing it for the right reasons, if those issues exist it may be better to err on the side of caution.
    agree.

still, what a sad indictment of society in HK when a doctor can't be take at his/her word for fear they are trying to fleece you.

This is one of those that has to be the woman's choice right?

For what it's worth, I can't understand why you wouldn't have a C section. Must be less stressful on the baby and the Mother, less dangerous for Mum and baby and, quite frankly, less potential damage to the vag.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Amniotic fluid is what helps keep the baby alive, too little of it in late pregnancy can cause problems for the baby as, among other things it helps to prevent the umbilical getting crushed...
    Agree. That why I mentioned extracts of. Mobile editing is a little difficult here!

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    This is one of those that has to be the woman's choice right?
    Little bit more than that in my, albeit, limited understanding. If first is a CS then harder for V delivery 2nd time. Although never been that end. And have 4. So have no CS experience at all actually!

2 here, both C sections, both emergency. The first one in Denmark where C is discouraged we all ended up in theatre in a panic, second in England much the same. It will be a planned C next time...

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks