dentists in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

dentists in HK

I used to have my teeth checked and cleaned every 6 months in the States. Even the doctor said my teeth are excellent, the nurse, or whatever you called her, still spent much time using the metal thing to scratch plague off my teeth. Today I had my teeth cleaned the first time in Hong Kong. The dentist just used high pressure water, and then brushed my teeth. It took less then 10 minutes. Is it normal in Hong Kong? I felt I got jipped.

how much you paid?

I paid $400..

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    how much you paid?

plaque (i thinks thats what its called) removal is typical what they do in HK. HK$400 is not a bad rate.

Maybe the 400 is only for check up. 10 min means the dentist only spent a few seconds per tooth which is impossible to clean them. Is there a specification on the bill?

hmm. It says " dental scaling" on the receipt.. what's that?!
    I don't think I will go back

Maybe the 400 is only for check up. 10 min means the dentist only spent a few seconds per tooth which is impossible to clean them. Is there a specification on the bill?
    Last edited by pizzalover; 07-05-2009 at 11:49 PM.

are your teeth now clean??? if so then what's the problem? I used to endure the scratching and bleeding back home too...i find the dental care here light years ahead of what I encountered in NA, with comparable results (i actually told the dentist last time that I looked forward to the visits...)

400 is a common rate for scaling

My teeth are always good. well from outside. Maybe I am too paranoid. The scratching is more fulfilling for me lol. I rarely bleed unless the nurse intentionally pierces it.

Quote Originally Posted by timklip:
    are your teeth now clean??? if so then what's the problem? I used to endure the scratching and bleeding back home too...i find the dental care here light years ahead of what I encountered in NA, with comparable results (i actually told the dentist last time that I looked forward to the visits...)

400 is a common rate for scaling

your treatment must have been an ultrasonic scaling (with waterflow) which can explain the short treatment. Manual scaling takes much longer.

After I googled dental scaling, I think it might be ultrasonic. Still I expect some manual scaling. I don't floss often. There should be some plaque. It would be nice that the dentist talked to me more. Dental assistants in the States talk too much Every time they nag about flossing.

your treatment must have been an ultrasonic scaling (with waterflow) which can explain the short treatment. Manual scaling takes much longer.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast