netvigator & wireless router, please help

Closed Thread

netvigator & wireless router, please help

Hi guys -

Just set up my netvigator account and now I can log on to the internet fine with one laptop and through their modem and login software. I know that to connect the router, I need the router to run PPoE. I have tried to set that up, but the router will not connect. I have a Linksys wrt54g v.7.0 wireless router if that makes a difference.

Please help... any input will be greatly appreciated. Also, already tried resetting completely to factory settings and still no go Maybe I am just not good with tech.

Better yet, anybody think they can solve this problem and can get to the robinson road area in midlevels? Will repay you with drinks, money, and/or friendship - whatever you think is necessary to get my router up and running.

Thanks in advance!!

Have you set the router to clone your PC's MAC address? If not the Netvigator system may not like seeing two different pieces of hardware attached in quick succession.

I have an earlier version of the same router and have no problem. The "MAC Address Clone" is one of the submenus of Setup. Click "Clone your PC's MAC, Enable & Save Settings.