where to buy asus netbooks

where to buy asus netbooks

want to buy my wife a asus netbook. i know that fortress has them, any place cheaper than there? prefer on the kowloon side.

Any particular model? How about ordering online?

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus
    Any particular model? How about ordering online?
    i'm guessing an asus eee. where can i order it online?

Why don't you get yourself to Sham Shui Po, MTR Exit D, Golden Arcade Computer Center.

There are a couple of notebook and Asus stores in the 1/F. So you have to walk around the corner to get to the 1/F entrance (walk towards McDonalds on the side of the Golden Arcade, turn right around the corner and enter right behind the news stand), up the escalators.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL
    Why don't you get yourself to Sham Shui Po, MTR Exit D, Golden Arcade Computer Center.

There are a couple of notebook and Asus stores in the 1/F. So you have to walk around the corner to get to the 1/F entrance (walk towards McDonalds on the side of the Golden Arcade, turn right around the corner and enter right behind the news stand), up the escalators.
    cool, can you bargain there and how much can you save by doing that? are we talking 50hk or over 100?

Wan Chai computer market, Mong Kok computer centre, Golden Computer Arcade in Sham Shui Po.

SSP is the biggest, followed by Wan Chai. Mong Kok is pretty small in comparison.

From my limited experience with purchasing a laptop in HK, you don't get to haggle on the price, but you can get them to throw in freebies like USB memory sticks, laptop bags, mouse, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus
    From my limited experience with purchasing a laptop in HK, you don't get to haggle on the price, but you can get them to throw in freebies like USB memory sticks, laptop bags, mouse, etc.
    i thought all chinese are into a bit of haggling with but free stuff works too

Quote Originally Posted by peppy5
    i thought all chinese are into a bit of haggling with but free stuff works too
    There's a difference in buying stuff in HK in a store and in market/stall. You can always try, no harm in it.