+ [Reply]
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Feedback on 3 network?

Likes Recd
    Quote Originally Posted by Sand View Post
    We are now contacting the consumer dept to see if we can legally cancel the contact.
    Luckily for me I am still on Month to Month.

Likes Recd
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    Can't be blaming that on 3.
    Got to blame someone

Quote Originally Posted by Monde View Post
    Luckily for me I am still on Month to Month.
    I wish we were!

Likes Recd
    Likes Given
    Sand,
    Rather tan calling, why don't you march down to one of their service centers so you can speak to the same person?

Likes Recd
    Likes Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Monde View Post
    Got to blame someone
    I'd bame it on the current state of SA rugby and cricket.

Likes Recd
    I'd bame it on the current state of SA rugby and cricket.
    Now that is a low blow.......ouch.

We did murder the Windies last night though......hence I am very tired today.

Hi all,

wow! varied replies.

Let me clarify. I was intending to sign up some 4500 or 7000 min basic call plan. That's $388 or $538. Now with the $48 IDD plan, my concern was calls to US, China and Singapore (which is inclusive in the countries for "unlimited" calls, deduct only basic minutes) So for 3, I'd get only slapped one charge which is the $48.

For Smartone (what I'm using now) they would deduct my basic + ard $0.21 per min for those countries for IDD. (double counting)

CTI1666 called to tell me abt an IDD promo $29.90 (but gotta sign two years) 300 mins free. Thereafter it's $0.19 a min.

Ok, long and short is i am on the mobile all the time and almost never on a fixed line.....

So that's why I wanted to get feedback on 3..........
    --

On the other hand, Smartone is good in almost all areas only experienced one day of not receiving any SMSes in the 4months i've used their service

Pretty fast when it comes to reconnecting to network...
    I dont really know abt customer service cos i won't call unless i get problems with billing etc...

Roaming is ok, but i don't use this to roam very much in any case...

Does anyone have problems with Smartone?
    --

Heard CSL offers $0.90 per international SMS...

Sand,
    Rather tan calling, why don't you march down to one of their service centers so you can speak to the same person?
    We did this - they called the hotline for us and handed us the phone!

It appears the contract may not be valid and possibly fraudulent. I'm still checking and so don't know for sure.
    Anybody here know?

3 had a 3G promotion via a sales agent in Tsuen Mun. Although the contact is for 3 we did not buy from them directly.
    We did not want to upgrade our 2G phones and the sales girl assured us that upgrading to the 3G service would give the same or better 2G services. Even on 2G units. This has not been the case. Apparently when you use 2G handsets on a 3G service you connect via roaming and we seem to have very low priority on the network. We always have a signal but do not connect to the network. And we seem to get kicked off as soon as the network gets busy (I think, not a communications expert, but appears this way).

The new plan is the same price as the old plan but with a lot more free minutes, sms, etc.

We had the option of buying 3G mobiles cheap as part of the purchase which we did not do. However, it turns out the sales girl bought the phones using our contracts. This has now been confirmed by the sales girl. Who now states she did this because we could only have this plan if we bought the phones (she forgot to say this when we bought the plan) and she wanted to do us a favor.

We are now waiting for a final call back to see what 3 will do. We want to cancel the 3G contract and revert back to a 2G one.

Likes Recd
    Likes Given
    Seems correct that a 2G phone won't work well on a 3G network.
    The rest of your story is rather fantastic.

Likes Recd
    Likes Given
    I've been using 3 for 8 or 9 years... and I had to switch. Whilst before they seemed to used both 2G and 3G base stations I think the switched all their network to 3G with backward compatibility to 2G. Probably using cheapo equipment and does not have a good GSM implementation. The prices of the GPRS plans were a joke, even I was spending about HK$700/month they did not give a !%$#%#$ about my complaints for months so I switched to Peoples.

Their GPRS is good, not tried Edge yet. The voice network is far better than 3's for sure. I've seen seen 1 network busy message and a couple of other issues... but compared to the number of line drops I got from Three, this is bliss.
    Last edited by hk.com; 13-04-2007 at 03:14 AM.

+ [Reply]
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast