Like Tree5Likes

Google Galaxy Nexus

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Google Galaxy Nexus

Got announced a few hours ago in Wanchai (global announcement in HK, how cool).

All I have say is suck it Apple and iphone.

Original Post Deleted
    Never. Samsung have successfully applied for an injunction to stop the selling of iphones in HK.

[before I get sued for slander, I made the above statement up].

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Got announced a few hours ago in Wanchai (global announcement in HK, how cool).

All I have say is suck it Apple and iphone.
    actually that was planned, but a japanese company and us based verizon actually broke the news first

GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more...

I can't wait for this phone to be released. Does anyone know when HK will officially get it?

Quote Originally Posted by hingkong:
    I can't wait for this phone to be released. Does anyone know when HK will officially get it?
    All the Samsung people would say was 'November', and 'around the same time as US/Europe' - they wouldn't give a more specific answer, or any information about pricing...

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    All the Samsung people would say was 'November', and 'around the same time as US/Europe' - they wouldn't give a more specific answer, or any information about pricing...
    Ok thanks. Is it usually better (fastest) to get the phone from a carrier or buy it outright?

Quote Originally Posted by hingkong:
    Ok thanks. Is it usually better (fastest) to get the phone from a carrier or buy it outright?
    It's unlikely to make any difference - if nothing else, you can generally buy phones outright from carriers at retail price, if you want...

So this is a partnership between Google and Samsung? Does this mean Google has dropped HTC as their mobile phone partner or whatever relationship they had when HTC brought out the Google Nexus/HTC Desire?

Buyer beware: Galaxy Nexus with curved 4.65" OLED display - FlatpanelsHD

Samsung and Google have unveiled their new smartphone called Galaxy Nexus. In this article take a look at the 4.65-inch Super AMOLED display with 1280x720 HD resolution, and explain why it is not as awesome as it sound.
    Samsung/Google states that Galaxy Nexus has a slightly curved screen but the same was said for the Nexus S where it was later revealed that only the front glass was curved – not the actual display panel. [...]
    Last edited by Raccon; 21-10-2011 at 11:50 PM.

The screen will have a similar pixel density to the Samsung Galaxy S II which looks stunning so I don't see the problem..

AnandTech - Confirmed: Galaxy Nexus Includes PenTile

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast