Like Tree6Likes

oh my god... Samsung Galaxy Nexus.. #$%^@#

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

oh my god... Samsung Galaxy Nexus.. #$%^@#

So the sales person over at Broadway hard sell me into buying not one, but two (for me and the missus) Samsung Galaxy Nexus for $5098 each a little more then a month ago..

Only to find out today that price was dropped recently to about $3600 each, I am so mad !!!

I am so tempted to walk over to broadway tomorrow and giving them a piece of my mind, but I'm worried that will just make me look like a "donkey's rear end"...

I know.. electronics depreciation, bla, bla, bla... I just needed to vent, sorry and Thanks for your time and reading my post of absolute no content having just some random angry rant... ok not really random.. but $%@#&@ !!!

MovingIn07 likes this.

sorry, to say this, best to do your homework before buying, boardway, probably still selling at this price now.

I note that boardway and fortress were selling 2010 price (HK$5880 for a 32gb iphone 4) during oct/nov/dec 2011, when every other official places complied with apple's 2011 prices announcement

Samsung GALAXY Nexus - Smartphone 智能手機 - 手電通訊 - 香港格價網 Price.com.hk

I presume like with most items purchased from these places, they will be at least 15/20% pricier than other places after a few minutes homework

for example

sony led tv 40"

sony official price HK$7480

fortress price HK$7480 ( possibly 5% discount after showing them the price comparsions from internet for the same product)

other places, ie. china av club HK$5500, hd life ( after negioation /showing the price comparisons) and av king all official hk products

did you ask for a cheaper price?

Yes, I know.. It was stupidity on my part as I did not do some in depth homework.. We checked a few local dealers and price were all around 5K then.. /shrugs

Quote Originally Posted by booth:
    did you ask for a cheaper price?
    Yes we did, the "girl sales rap alot" insisted that this was a fixed price by Samsung.

Hong Kong is great, as long as you don't buy anything

Always disappointed after buying something.....anyone else feel this way?

dear giant and ghkg like this.

It happens to all of us. You live and learn.

dear giant likes this.

why on earth would you buy a phone from broadway/fortress type stores anyway. sin tat plaza is the only place id ever consider getting a phone from in HK. so long as you ask for HK stock, you will get a full HK warranty and still save a heap of money.

the galaxy nexus was never worth $5000HK in real terms (it just isnt materially a better phone than the SGS2, which have been selling for ~$4000HKD for as long as i can remember). they are currently available for around $2900HKD for HK stock from my investigations...and while this is a good price for a phone of such specification (HD display, dual-core processor), i suspect we'll see another few hundred HKD fall off the end of that price once the SGS3 is announced on may 3rd.

Sin tak....some shops change the internal components. Buyer beware.

shri likes this.

Yea, that was one of the reason I don't buy from Sin Tak, I'd rather still pay a small premium withing reason from stores like Fortress or Broadway to have the extra sense of I am paying for everything new.

A friend of mine bought a phone from Sin Tak, only later to find out that the battery might have been swapped, there was no "Nokia 3d sticker" on it, which verifies that it's a Nokia original battery, that or it's "water" goods, the phone itself was warrantied by Nokia HK, still fishy though.. Buyers Beware..

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast