Like Tree8Likes

Can you get the Nexus 4 in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Can you get the Nexus 4 in HK?

Can u? How much?

The ICT screen (like iPhone) seems like a draw if switching to Android... are there any other droid ict phones in hk?

Last edited by AsiaJason; 30-10-2012 at 08:23 AM.

No, cause it's not even officially out until 13 November.

Is the lack of LTE any concern? HK carriers are finally offering LTE. I've not used it but based on the horrible rush hour performance of the 3G network, the LTE network has to be a welcome relief.

lte is nice but i find HSDPA speed quality fine for on the go browsing

Quote Originally Posted by wayland:
    Is the lack of LTE any concern? HK carriers are finally offering LTE. I've not used it but based on the horrible rush hour performance of the 3G network, the LTE network has to be a welcome relief.
    Well thing is yes no LTE and this is a massive issue with the N4, but Google claim this is to do with experiences with Sprint and Verizon in the USA. In that case, I wish they had just released a non LTE in the USA and an LTE version worldwide, however I find the Nexus program to be very US focused (although this is slowly changing).

However it is coming with HSDPA+ which means theoretical max speeds of 42mbps (or something like that).

I don't have LTE here. To those who do, how are you finding speed / coverage? Is it mature enough yet?

Quote Originally Posted by wayland:
    I've not used it but based on the horrible rush hour performance of the 3G network, the LTE network has to be a welcome relief.
    It is. I just switched to LTE, and had a non-lte next to each other.... going to apple.com... lte=almost instantaneous. non-lte on non-rush hour time, like 5 secs or so. In my normal dead spot on way to work in rush hour, it's really much faster. but limited test area so far...

I wasn't in HK for the Galaxy Nexus release, what was the delay between North America to Asia release in the Google store?

If it's over a month, I'll just get a friend to buy and post it to me... assuming total cost is cheaper than grey market..

Quote Originally Posted by pkboy:
    I wasn't in HK for the Galaxy Nexus release, what was the delay between North America to Asia release in the Google store?

If it's over a month, I'll just get a friend to buy and post it to me... assuming total cost is cheaper than grey market..
    Unfortunately the gnex was quite slow to release here - even though it had been officially announced in Wanchai! The only thing I've heard about the N4 is a vague "end of November"ish for global release beyond the originally-announced few supported countries...

I'm slightly on the fence about it - I do like me some vanilla Android, but I'm not sure yet if the device is actually a step up from my current One X, or the SIII.

I've heard the same re: November but nothing official. Ah well, will have to see what they'll ask for it in MK before I decide.

I'm on the GNex and the LTE thing isn't a dealbreaker so it'd be perfect for me.
    A bit worried about the preliminary battery issues but it might to just be a bug with 4.2 that I'm sure will be sorted out.

Hopefully, the NEX4 won't feel cheap when you hold on to it--otherwise, it'll be a deal breaker.

I've noticed that quite a few smartphones have high end electronics however, when it comes the exterior that's where they fail. The use of plastic housing makes the smartphones feel more like toys rather than something high-end.

marbaltz likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast