Old Walk up building - internet options?

Closed Thread

Old Walk up building - internet options?

Im not in a cable building unfortunately - is the only option for me the PCCW $270 pm 8mb broadband?

Struggling to find an alternative!

thanks-

Try iCable ... they offer connections in older buildings, which may be wired for Cable TV (i.e. they don't need to get a line from PCCW).

PCCW did a serious bait and switch on someone we know -- next renewal was in the $400+ range and refused to budge.

I think this is their service locator .. Cable-Modem-Ready-Home Enquiry Service

no hkbb available in your building?

no HKBN unfortunately, would love it.
    "Sorry!, your address is temporarily not within the i-Cable Broadband coverage area"

Looks like PCCW is the only option then...

are you have a heavy user? if not, I know people who only use mobile internet ( capped at 5gb) for HK$250 per month, also lte 4g is mostly faster than some cable and bb wired connections

Most walkups that I've visited has only the PCCW 8Mb line, mine is the same, which is just about enough for my needs. Of course the more the merrier.

yeh have considered it, but likely too heavy some months, and Ping would be worse if I ever got round to gaming..

Seems an unfair monopoly to get charged ~HK280 for slow 8mbit BB, when competition prices 1000bmit at HK208

I look fwd to saying good bye to PCCW in due course...