sony ericsson aino and satio out in hk? seems pretty decent, but is it worth buying?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

sony ericsson aino and satio out in hk? seems pretty decent, but is it worth buying?

sony ericsson aino and satio out in hk, seems pretty decent, but is it worth buying?

i had a quick mess around with the new sony aino, looks impressive, but at HK$4200, seems a bit pricey? do you think it's worth buying? (the combination of touch screen and keypad is great as i'm a texter), bets of both worlds, currently using g705).

i seen the satio, have not had a go on it yet, good think it's good?, however, i have concerns about the lack of keypad will limit my texting ability (eg, i walk and text with out looking at the screen)

do you think other competitor's model is better? eg, nokia mx5800, maybe even smart phone such as htc pro 2 or htc android phones or imaging phones such as nokia n86 8mp

This is so cool.

I was looking at the Satio last night !!

My 4year old Sony Ericsson 700i is on its last legs, I previously held off buying a new phone until something with a decent built in camera appeared... The Satio has a 12.1 MP camera built in with a Zenon flash, from what online sample photos I have seen, this phone does what I want.

Texting is nice, not such an important feature to me, as long as it can, and the ability to browse the internet doesn't matter to me either, nor does the ability to receive email. The Satio ticks all my audio/video boxes, it's just matter of getting the best street price now.

Last edited by Skyhook; 09-10-2009 at 11:37 AM.

Do any of the 2 incorporate digital NC similar to the media players?
    Posted via Mobile Device

apparent alot of people were pretty impressed with the satio's interface.

aino also includes bluetooth headset as standard and wireless dock as standard.

Sony Ericsson - Products - Mobile phones - Overview - Aino™

Sony Ericsson - Products - Mobile phones - Overview - Satio™

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Do any of the 2 incorporate digital NC similar to the media players?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    don't think so, however, the nwz-x1050/1060 dmp has the nc which is super, i can listen to very light classical (thus, don't have to resort to alterntive when i have noisy people on mtr) without turning the volume high (avoid damaging my ears), i think you have wait for a while with phones that has nc.

also the forthcoming nwz-a840 has nc and also the older e series for walkman has it as well

*sigh* ... still no 3.5mm headphone jack...

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    don't think so, however, the nwz-x1050/1060 dmp has the nc which is super, i can listen to very light classical (thus, don't have to resort to alterntive when i have noisy people on mtr) without turning the volume high (avoid damaging my ears), i think you have wait for a while with phones that has nc.
    Thanks, the x1050/1060 were the "media players" I was referring to (Couldn't remember the model nos. ).

I cannot justify a x1060 at the moment but if it was also a phone then it would be a guaranteed purchase.

yeah, it's pricey in hk$ at 2780 for nwz-x1050, it's only HK$2200/180 quid in uk on amazon, it does sound ever so good ( even 3 ipod users says the same) with it's digital sound and oled screen is superb.

but old e series with nc is only at HK$1300 for 8 gigs, and soon to be released nwz-a840 has nc, i'll reckon it will be HK$1600 for 8 gigs and HK$2100 for 16gigs

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    yeah, it's pricey in hk$ at 2780 for nwz-x1050, it's only HK$2200/180 quid in uk on amazon, it does sound ever so good ( even 3 ipod users says the same) with it's digital sound and oled screen is superb.

but old e series with nc is only at HK$1300 for 8 gigs, and soon to be released nwz-a840 has nc, i'll reckon it will be HK$1600 for 8 gigs and HK$2100 for 16gigs
    Stop!, stop! I'm a sucker for gadgets, if I go and buy one of these it's your fault

I already have 2 ipods (80G vid + 8G nano vid) an Archos media player (old!) and an HTC touch.... not to mention a pair of Sony MDR-NC500D NC headphones.

.... if I could combine all these in one unit my conscience would be clear.
    Last edited by Stoob; 09-10-2009 at 05:00 PM.

Satio has a slider keypad.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast