It happened again - mobile lost in taxi... :-(

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unhappy It happened again - mobile lost in taxi... :-(

This morning, I was a way too late, so I took a taxi from Ap Lei Chau to Admiralty MTR station.... When leaving the car, the mobile must have fallen out of my pocket.
    However, I only noticed it a few minutes later while already been in the MTR station. I run back but the taxi was gone... :-(((
    Of course I can't remember any taxi ID or so, too bad. Just remember that it was a red Toyota.... lol

When accessing the office (probably 10mins after this incident) I tried to call my number immediately, but it had already been switched off... I blocked the number immediately, and a new SIM card will be delivered to the office this afternoon.

What you think, is there any possibility to get my lovely mobile back??? SHI* happens... :-(
    I bought the phone 3 months ago and still have all papers etc. that came with it.

Last edited by DaveD; 24-10-2005 at 12:24 PM.

i know the feeling.... :-(

i have lost 2 phones in the past one year.... and both times the phones were turned off so that it was not traceable. The first time in a restaurant and the second time in a cab - fell out of my bag. i am still paying for the second phone... that really gets me mad. oh well, and to think that i have returned 3 phones that found in buses and cabs back to their owners... what happened to phone karma i wonder?!

you should register it with the police though ... when you go back to your service provider to get a new phone if you are planning to do so, then they will offer you the phones on special price that they give to their customers.... hope you find your phone.

What you guys need is that chain that attaches to your mobile phone and then clips to your pants. That'll save you a lot of trouble. It just looks geeky, though.

...and then get some braces which attach to your trousers, just in case you lose them also haha. Did you go to the police station?

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

Quick! get your hands on the latest copy of HK Magazine....

In that they list suggestions on what to do if you've lost your phone in a taxi. The most obvious one is to get the numbers of the taxi unions in HK and report it to their lost-and-found hotline. They will then relay the message across to all the taxis across the territory by radio. The only thing you can do is to wait and hope that the cabbie finds your phone and hands it back in for you to collect.

Unfortunately they will only do that after you have faxed them a copy of the slip showing that you have paid several hundred dollars into their bank account...

Basically if no-one answers it when you call it then you are very unlikely to get it back.

Agree with PDLM ... the call the taxi unions thing just adds insult to injury.

Eh by the way, if you have a home insurance, the loss of your mobile phone is covered.
    Declare loss to the taxi company, which will do it with the police, or declare it directly with the police.
    Once you have the document the cops will give you, file a claim with your insurance, who will reimburse you at the current rate at Fortress / Broadway.

I usually get a taxi receipt. It's easy to say this looking back but get one next time!

Quote Originally Posted by kristof:
    Eh by the way, if you have a home insurance, the loss of your mobile phone is covered.
    I found that a number of the top insurers DON'T cover the loss of/damage to mobile phones. One of those is Prudential - I know.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast