Like Tree1Likes

Sin Tat in Mongkok

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sin Tat in Mongkok

Well i searched alot of thread of Sin Tat on expat, but since i am going to buy a NEW IPhone 3G 8GB Black from that place. I read alot of the threads made about sin tat and i was wondering about which stores in Sin Tat are "Trustable" because i kinda had my eyes set on a store that was pretty honest when i asked them, and my dad tried to buy a service from them and they didnt lie to him that it wouldnt work for his blackberry, the store is in Sin Tin , first floor, its runned by a girl with pictures of her kid behind her, and she told me that she would open the iphone for me in front of my eyes to see if the battery is legit, and she will let me use in for a few days even though i am going back to reality on Wednesday(im leaving HK), Also my sister wants to buy a Sony Xperia 10 and shes only 14, opinions please?

Is the price better than Apple.com? Is it Hong Kong goods or imported?

why not just get it from the Apple authorized retail store? Apple gives D&G lifestyle store to sells them. They have one in IFC, Times Square...etc

Its Grey imported both the sony xperia 10 and the iphone if i buy it from Sin Tat, but since the warranty is only in Hong Kong, whats the point?
    I pay 3680HKD at Sintat and the Authorized Apple dealer is 4480(somewhere around that price), the xperia is abt 4000HKD at Sintat and its 5,999 at fortress, remember at sin tat, its all grey import or used and there is no warranty

@apple&Dog, i dont got the money to buy from authorized dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Morrek111:
    Its Grey imported both the sony xperia 10 and the iphone if i buy it from Sin Tat, but since the warranty is only in Hong Kong, whats the point?
    I pay 3680HKD at Sintat and the Authorized Apple dealer is 4480(somewhere around that price), the xperia is abt 4000HKD at Sintat and its 5,999 at fortress, remember at sin tat, its all grey import or used and there is no warranty

ok, you could check at the computer centre in wan chai / sham shui po... i am sure you can get a lower price.

Cheers,

The Hong Kong version is unlocked, you are not required to jailbreak it. If you buy from Sin Tat you need to jailbreak the iphone everytime you want to upgrade the software. If Apple releases a future software that somehow blocks jailbreaking you will not be able to upgrade to the latest software ever.

Do you even know how to check clearly if all the parts inside your iPhone are legit? or opening it is proof that it is real?

At least you have a warranty if you buy here. If I were on a budget I would go to Apliu street in Sham Shui Po to buy a second hand Hong Kong version, over a new import any day.

I bought a 3Gs 16GB last week in Sham Shui Po for $4100 FYI. I would expect 8GB 3G to be around $1000 less or so. (Second hand of course, but at least Hong Kong version)

Double check the version. Go to Settings>General >About
    Read the model number, if it ends in LL or ZP it is Hong Kong version.

Quote Originally Posted by HKChigger:
    The Hong Kong version is unlocked, you are not required to jailbreak it. If you buy from Sin Tat you need to jailbreak the iphone everytime you want to upgrade the software. If Apple releases a future software that somehow blocks jailbreaking you will not be able to upgrade to the latest software ever.

Do you even know how to check clearly if all the parts inside your iPhone are legit? or opening it is proof that it is real?

At least you have a warranty if you buy here. If I were on a budget I would go to Apliu street in Sham Shui Po to buy a second hand Hong Kong version, over a new import any day.

I bought a 3Gs 16GB last week in Sham Shui Po for $4100 FYI. I would expect 8GB 3G to be around $1000 less or so. (Second hand of course, but at least Hong Kong version)

Double check the version. Go to Settings>General >About
    Read the model number, if it ends in LL or ZP it is Hong Kong version.
    I dont know how to check if the parts are real, but if the model number ends in LL or ZP, is a hong kong verison good?, but i do not have time to do to Sham Shui Po and at Sin Tat they do have used iphones for like 2600, but those r those fishy dudes

You have time to go to Sin Tat but no time to go to Sham Shui Po? 2 stations away (4 minute train ride)

If you don't want help why ask? I use only apple products at home, I wouldn't buy shit, and I got my latest iPhone in Sham Shui Po because it is the safest place to buy second hand unless you go to Yahoo Auctions (Chinese only) where the price for second hand iPhones is more anyways.

I have also just told you why the Hong Kong version is good.

Quote Originally Posted by HKChigger:
    You have time to go to Sin Tat but no time to go to Sham Shui Po? 2 stations away (4 minute train ride)

If you don't want help why ask? I use only apple products at home, I wouldn't buy shit, and I got my latest iPhone in Sham Shui Po because it is the safest place to buy second hand unless you go to Yahoo Auctions (Chinese only) where the price for second hand iPhones is more anyways.

I have also just told you why the Hong Kong version is good.
    Well my dad is coming in from China, and idk what he wants to do, so yea, but i might have time to pop in tho, but which store in Sham Shui Po as i am not familiar with that area

Well my dad is coming in from China, and idk what he wants to do, so yea, but i might have time to pop in tho, but which store in Sham Shui Po as i am not familiar with that area
    Apliu Street, all along the sides of the streets they have people selling second hand phones from stalls. Not stores, they are little booths.

Ask them for the iPhone 3G, check out the quality and ask the price, then bargain.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast