Like Tree4Likes

Need someone to check my new Xbox One

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Need someone to check my new Xbox One

I made the cardinal mistake...got the new Xbox one from the US and plugged it straight into our power socket in HK. I heard a muffled bang and the Xbox does not switch on. Is there somewhere I can go to have it checked up? Xbox One has not been launched in HK yet and hence I wonder if Microsoft will support it here.

Was it the power supply or the xbox that went bang? Would have thought it would have been the supply that would have blown.

imparanoic and Cork like this.

Dont think it was the Xbox as I heard the sound from the power socket. Worst case it would be the Power Supply Unit... i hope!

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    Thank you. Will give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by nike439:
    Thank you. Will give it a go.

You will need a new power brick. These can be purchased for $100-$150 in Sham Shuipo or MKK and are HK voltage.
    imparanoic likes this.

I had to buy a new power brick for $950 from WCCC. It is original from XBox. Works perfectly well now. Lovnig it!

Sadly not.

Sorry bro but they scammed you.The original bricks which are all usually stolen from the factory are $150-$250 max. I know there are people overcharging but for anyone looking for one of these, don't pay more than $250.

I paid less than HK100 for my replacement PSU for the Xbone, used a "used" Xbox360 165W PSU and special power adaptor cable - been working 5 months with no issues - how much are controllers for the Xbone now as daughter requires another one or two?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast