Citibank branch codes....

MXZ

Citibank branch codes....

Hi guys,

When I opened my citibank account a while back, I was given a little laminated card that had the branch code 392. I opened the account at the TST branch on Nathan road.

I've done a couple of wire transfers from the UK using that branch code and it worked fine.

Now, because citibank hides the account number online and they don't print it on their ATM cards, I had to call up and ask for the details again - and this time they told me that my branch code is definitely 390.

Has anyone else come across this sort of thing? I'm planning to have my salary paid into the account so the last thing I want is for it to go somewhere else :S

Banned

This document, which comes from the Inter-bank Clearing company website says pretty clearly that you are correct - 390 is the Wheelock House Branch and 392 is the Nathan Road Branch.

http://www.hkicl.com.hk/clientbrowse...ID=916&lang=en

MXZ

Sent them an online message asking for confirmation. They insist it is 390 (even thought a wire transfer two days ago cleared within 12 hours from the UK using 392). I also sent a local transfer to 390 and it cleared fine.

WTF :-/

I wonder if it's like HSBC. For TT to my company account from abroad they always use the Central branch details even though my account was originally in TST. The Swift code refers to that also.
    Posted via Mobile Device

MXZ

I opened a new account and they printed off a little reminder card with all my details on it (actually really useful) and again it showed 390. So I asked the same question and surprisingly she gave me a more useful answer - though the facial expression suggested she was guessing

She said that citibank are consolidating their branch codes but the originals would still work - which was why 392 was fine for the wire transfer and why 390 worked for a local transfer.

So, nothing to panic about it seems :-)