Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Opening a PayPal account with HSBC account

Opening a PayPal account with HSBC account

Hey Guys,

If any of you are familiar with the PayPal online money transferring service, I'm having some difficulty adding my HSBC bank account to my PayPal account. When I go to add a Hong Kong bank account, the Account Number field is limited to only 6-9 digits, while my savings account with HSBC has an account number of 10 digits.

If anyone can shine some light on this situation it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Pat

I've done it, but I don't remember how..wish I could help you!

Banned

The first 3 digits are the branch number if that helps - in my case 028-xxxxxx-888 the 028 identifies the Electric Road branch.

That is very helpful to know, however my number follows a different pattern , it is 450-x-xxxxxx. Would the idea that the first 3 digits are the branch number be applicable here as well?

Quote Originally Posted by thepat5678
    That is very helpful to know, however my number follows a different pattern , it is 450-x-xxxxxx. Would the idea that the first 3 digits are the branch number be applicable here as well?
    Exactly. The first 3 digits is your branch code, the following 6-9 digits are for your bank account number.

Great! Thanks alot! As I wasnt about to receive any help from Paypal or HSBC's email support. Glad I finally decided to register after just reading over the past few months.
    Thanks again

Pat

One more quick question to be sure, what is the 3-digit HSBC HK bank routing number or 'bank code'?

HSBC's bank code is 004.

Banned

Apologies. KIA, feel free to delete my previous post to avoid confusion (and this one).

004 for HSBC Hong Kong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast