Is the Hang Seng MaxiInterest Investment Deposit 'good'?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is the Hang Seng MaxiInterest Investment Deposit 'good'?

Greetings,

I wonder if anybody know about the Hang Seng MaxiInterest Investment Deposit. They are now (until the end of the year) having a promotion with 'double cash dollars reward', but I once read that the investment is rather risky. I don't really understand how it works (I am not very bright), so if anybody can explain in plain language, and tell me whether it's a good investment or not, I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

If you don't understand the product, better not get into it. Rather risky.

give a summary here i'll try to interpret for u.
    duration of deposit, what are the conditions for higher interest rate, does bank have an option to early terminate your deposit or extend your deposit,etc.etc.

Thanks freeier. I would love to give you a summary, but I am on my third beer, and I am trying to install a TV box on my computer. Actually I am still not so sure I have understood it properly.

These are the websites, if you or anybody else want to have a look:

http://www.hangseng.com.cn/e_investm...osit/main.html
    http://www.hangseng.com/hsb/eng/per/...ipd/index.html
    http://www.hangseng.com/hsb/eng/pmo/...p04/index.html

ok i've seen it. don't
    this is not an easy product for laymen. don't recommend it.
    too much of forex risk involve. you might make some money at the end but not sure if its worth the risk to take in case something happens.

So HOW to invest 40,000? Stock fund no good because it might crash (or adjust) soon. This one no good because too risky. So what? Certificate of Deposits and bonds until the stock crash happened?

I feel like giving them away. Anybody needs them?

be patience. that's the symptom of over enthusiasm in investment. wait for the opportunity. sicne you want low risk, do a CD ...

Thanks. I think I will do that for the time being!

Hey, do you want to be my financial advisor?

no. i can't bear to see frens or client lose money. too much emotional attachment. 8-P

stick to my virtual self here and pretend you dun know me if you meet me at the happy hours.

anyway to put it nicely what i said in the previous message,

Human investment = Greed and Fear
    Greed to want to make more, Fear of losing and Fear of not making.
    You are in the last category.

Well, maybe in 1 year time its proven that u were right and you shld have bought china index tracker, but when the probability of losing is as high the the probability of winning, learn to forego the minute potential and take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    but when the probability of losing is as high the the probability of winning, learn to forego the minute potential and take a break.
    That's useful advice. How can we figure out what the probabilities on either side are?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast