Like Tree8Likes

Disputing a credit card transaction

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Disputing a credit card transaction

Can someone help me how this works best?

I would have thought:

- I disagree with a transaction
    - Call Amex/Visa/Mastercard and voice disagreement
    - A/V/M then calls up the merchant for this proof why he charged the account

However when i made the dispute, A/V/M is now asking me to give proof that my credit card should not be charged?

In my specific case it's Amex and the dispute is on a merchant that charged my private credit card rather than our corporate account.

Sounds like its potentially your mistake to me. You must have given them your personal credit card number in order for them to charge you?

Who is the merchant? Usually these things are very easily sorted out by calling them and getting them to do a refund. Why would they care if they are able to charge the sale to the corporate card right after the refund..

Last edited by Alan Partridge; 23-07-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Partridge:
    Sounds like its potentially your mistake to me. You must have given them your personal credit card number in order for them to charge you?

Who is the merchant? Usually these things are very easily sorted out by calling them and getting them to do a refund. Why would they care if they are able to charge the sale to the corporate card right after the refund..
    merchant is a service company (CWT) that our company hires to process our travel bookings. they have my personal credit card on record in our traveller profile, but have never used it before and are not supposed to use it. our corporate contract with CWT clearly states that they should use the corporate account.

don't ask me why they are not refunding (yet)...
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    merchant is a service company (CWT) that our company hires to process our travel bookings. they have my personal credit card on record in our traveller profile, but have never used it before and are not supposed to use it. our corporate contract with CWT clearly states that they should use the corporate account
    Since the mistake is with the merchant you should contact them to cancel the transaction and bill it to the correct account.

From A/V/M's point of view the transaction is probably deemed valid as they don't know about the agreement between your company and the merchant (and your word is probably not sufficient proof, even if true).
    shri likes this.

Message to self: don't use credit cards issued from Hong Kong banks, because you have no rights and will ultimately be held liable for the theft.

MovingIn07 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by packy_crusher:
    Message to self: don't use credit cards issued from Hong Kong banks, because you have no rights and will ultimately be held liable for the theft.
    So what sort of credit card do you use?

Message to yourself: please prove or at least try to explain how the OP's situation can be considered theft.

message to self: use more cat photos in posts.

Satay Sue likes this.

completely rubbish. i have lost my HK issued credit card once, before i had missed the card, the finder of the card went on a shopping tour worth 190k. all money been returned to my account within 6 weeks.

message to self: stop verbalising internal monologues

virago likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast