Looking for a tax/accounting position in an accounting firm, can anyone help?

Closed Thread

Looking for a tax/accounting position in an accounting firm, can anyone help?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, i'm looking to see if there are any opportunity for me to get an accounting/tax position in an accounting firm in Hong Kong.

Currently, employed in Australia as a qualified accountant, if anybody would like to discuss or has any opportunities i would be only too happy to do so.

Thanks

Can anybody help? or have any suggestions, i have Big 4 experience and CA qualified and hold a HK ID. Thanks

Last edited by atom; 22-06-2005 at 08:36 PM.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Suggest you contact the big 4 in HK. Don't know about specifics here in HK and I'm sorry about that, but I would have to be optimistic about your chances.

In the wake of US corporate scandals (Enron, Worldcom, etc etc) the only real growth industry in the West at the moment has to be in accountancy services relating to compliance, documentation, best practices, due diligence, controls, and a slew of other SOX stuff for US-listed companies and their overseas offices. Not just US, authorities in other western countries are also heading down that road. In Canada they can't find enough qualified accountants for all those demands. HK, having so many overseas branch offices and subsidiaries, is bound to be feeling the effects too. People thought their incompetence at allowing those scandals to prevail would destroy the accountancy firms, specially after losing their consultancy wings; ironically, it has instead spawned a huge rebound in their fortunes. The pendulum is way over on the other side now, and eventually it is bound to swing back closer to the work-simplification, productivity, and cost-reduction side. Make hay while the sun shines and use the opportunity to establish yourself.

atom...HK Fella is correct. The Big 4 have a lot of opportunities here. If you have previous Big 4 experience, you should have some opportuntities. If you would like to provide more details about your background and interests, I might have some further suggestions.

It is 5 years old thread. I am sure the OP has found the job he was looking for.

Thanks, Oldtimer, LOL -- I'm not sure how it came it up but for some reason I thought it was a new post today. Funny.