Like Tree4Likes

Where can I get great, stylish mens haircut?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I got Jason's name from this site 2 years ago, and found him to be great. Have been a loyal customer since. Just wanted to update everyone that he's moved to Hair Star in Causeway Bay (on Lockhardt Rd, right next to Sogo). His mobile number is 6030 1366.

Hey ABHK,

My husband and I just moved to HK and were looking for a good salon/barber. I saw your post, but can't find anything on the web about Hair Star in HK. Is it a chain? Do you know if they have a website? Do they have a phone number listed anywhere?

Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey,

Sorry to be reviving a 2 month old thread but I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some info about this Jason guy. I've been looking for a place to get my haircut for awhile now but I don't know who to go to.

Thanks!

Hair Cute

I took the recommendation and went to Hair Cute in Wan Chai. It was fine - English speaking, basic guys' haircut, 78 bucks with shampoo and wash. Even after tip, hard to beat that.

Some male coworkers recommended stylist at Sogo for like $300-400 HKD. About fell out of my chair as I generally pay $10-15 USD back at home.

Jason update

Jason's moved again and asked me to post his contact details:

Zica
    2/f, 1 Lan Fong Road, Causeway Bay

His mobile no is 6030 1366

Apologies to those who asked questions in response to my last post. Truth is, I'm logging in for the first time since then.

In a nutshell, Jason's a hairdresser who speaks english, knows what he's doing and doesn't cost the earth.

huja likes this.

Went to Jason for my first HK haircut today. Wife liked the results. That's good enough for me. Appreciate the recommendation.

Hi....I'm European and when I arrived I was also looking for a good barbers. I have used both 'The BarberShop' in Central (The Barber Shop) and the Mandarin Barbers - both are good.

Quote Originally Posted by ABHK:
    Jason's moved again and asked me to post his contact details:

Zica
    2/f, 1 Lan Fong Road, Causeway Bay

His mobile no is 6030 1366
    Since Jason works very close to where I live I wanted to try his services based on the recommendations, admittedly quite old ones, from Geoexpats.

Two months ago I book an appointment. I turned up a few minutes early, but no sign of Jason. When I ask where he is his collegues give the standard " he will be here soon" reply.

Jason finally makes an appearance after 45 minutes, and 50 minutes late my haircut starts.During that 45 minutes does he have the basic good manners to call me and say that he is running late?? Like hell! He does a decent enough job considering I don't have a lot of hair and just want a trim.

Yesterday I sms him requesting his first apointment for today which he replies is 11.30am. I arrive on the dot of 11.30, and Zica is not even open, and no sign of Jason.

I call " I will be there in 10 minutes". 10 minutes pass in 32 degree heat, I call again. " I will be there in 10 minute

I am so pissed off I just go home.

Jason may have been good a year or two ago, maybe fame got to his head, but his service for me has been dreadful.

Try Paul Gerrard in central. They are brilliant.

do most hair salons here require you to make appointments?