German Radler?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

German Radler?

Hello fellow German Expats and/or food connoisseurs, anyone here know where I can get some Radler? Either in bottles or on tap, I don't seem to be able to find it. Many thanks for your help!

If you're ever in LKF, ask Scott at Schnubarrts. If there is a german beverage, he should be able to tell you where you can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    If you're ever in LKF, ask Scott at Schnubarrts. If there is a german beverage, he should be able to tell you where you can find it.
    Will do, thanks for the head up!

I did a german exchange waaaaay back in the day and if i remember right, isn't a radler just a drink made with half lager and half limonade? limonade was kind of like a european fizzy lemonade. In that case, couldn't you make a radler yourself as long as you get the right ingredients?

we underage american lightweights would sometimes drink radler at the bierfests since we weren't used to the beer taste yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Petex:
    I did a german exchange waaaaay back in the day and if i remember right, isn't a radler just a drink made with half lager and half limonade? limonade was kind of like a european fizzy lemonade. In that case, couldn't you make a radler yourself as long as you get the right ingredients?
    That's exactly what a Radler (also called Potsdamer) is - ghastly stuff imho
    You could substitute the limonade with 7up.

I thought that a 'Radler' was half lager and half fanta...an Alsterwasser was lemonade and lager, and a 'diesel' was coke with lager. That's what I remember from my former life in Germany...

Yeah it's half and half, I thought you can get that in a can, no?

Not that I have seen so far - in Park n Shop you can buy all brands of German beer, but try Eurogoodies onilne ( just google) and see what you can order. Aber, was gibt's mit selbstmischen?

So the OP wants a Shandy????

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    So the OP wants a Shandy????
    Nein

I had a Radler in Germany last summer, when it got hot here last week I was thinking about it, but I wasn't sure if what we got in Munich was from tap/bottle or they just simply mixed it. So I wanted to ask the folks here if y'all got any intel.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast