Like Tree12Likes

McDonalds Japan running out of fries

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

McDonalds Japan running out of fries

McDonald's Japan running out of fries
    Customers restricted to small portions as shipping disputes in the US forces chain to downsize meals

More than 3,000 McDonald’s restaurants in Japan – the biggest Asian market for US frozen potato products – said on Tuesday they would sell only small-sized portions of fries for the foreseeable future amid severe delays in imports of thousands of tonnes of the chain’s staple accompaniment to a Big Mac.

The long transit times, which have more than doubled to between two and four weeks, have been blamed on a protracted dispute between 20,000 dockworkers and terminal operators and shipping lines at 29 ports on the US west coast.
    Will Hong Kong also be hit? The potatoes do apparently come from the US (although I'm not sure how much of a potato is left in a mcdonald's french fry).

What about the coca cola that they serve?

Original Post Deleted
    You tell me...

tabletop

HK McDonald's doesn't have tomatoes since like 2 months ago. If you order Big'nTasy it will come without 2 slices of tomatoes. I got one of them when I ordered McD last week, only when I called to complain did they inform me about not having tomatoes. Their tomatoes come from the US too apparently. They could have just bought Chinese tomatoes instead of making customers angry when they realize their burger doesn't quite taste the same.

Last edited by tabletop; 16-12-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    What about the coca cola that they serve?
    Aren't you supposed to be the Behaved one, dont make me press that Report post button LOL

Come on... this whole thing was the perfect setup that lead to my post. Took a lot of planning ....

wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Aren't you supposed to be the Behaved one, dont make me press that Report post button LOL
    You're a parent, haven't you learned the rule yet?

Do as I say, not as I do

Getting those dockworkers to walk out did take some doing.

Quote Originally Posted by tabletop:
    HK McDonald's doesn't have tomatoes since like 2 months ago. If you order Big'nTasy it will come without 2 slices of tomatoes. I got one of them when I ordered McD last week, only when I called to complain did they inform me about not having tomatoes. Their tomatoes come from the US too apparently. They could have just bought Chinese tomatoes instead of making customers angry when they realize their burger doesn't quite taste the same.
    There are signs up saying there are no tomatoes.

Maybe they'll have to use a real potato, cut it up and cook it instead. Disaster!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast