Like Tree2Likes

Mongkok restaurant recommendations

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mongkok restaurant recommendations

Haven't been to Mongkok for dinner in a while.

Any good (non seafood) Chinese restaurants to recommend?

Grand Tower Hotel's restaruant floors

If I remember correctly, there are 2 floors of restaurants in the Grand Tower hotel building in Mongkok. You can choose and pick there. I have tried several restaurants and so far all of them are good. I saw quite a few US expats there.

There's a place that's right by McPhearson playground, on the corner famous for chicken...name escapes me at the moment....

Not exactly Mongkok, more Yaumatei/Jordan there is Tai Ping Koon, home of the super-size soufle

The new Langham Place / Hotel should have some good restaurants.

where can I eat roast duck or Peking duck good but not expensive ok. in Hong kong Island or Kowloon.
    and what other food are must try in HK?

Why do you think Peking Duck is a must try in Hong Kong (which is a very long way from Peking)?

Cantonese food is the local fare, but even then many say that the best place for it these days is Vancouver or Sydney.

Dim sum from trolleys at Maxims City Hall is probably the "standard" must do.

If you are looking for authentic Cantonese restaurants and peeping in to see if expats are there its probably no good unless its a really high end place. Ask a local where to go not here.

Renotommy likes this.

Posted via Mobile Device

If you are looking for authentic Cantonese restaurants and peeping in to see if expats are there its probably no good unless its a really high end place. Ask a local where to go not here.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We ate at different "dai pai dongs" (street food stalls/alfresco) when we were in HK the whole 3 weeks. The "wok hey" (the steamy aroma emitting from food being cooked in an extremely hot wok) made us drool even before the food was dished up. We never had a bad meal yet. It was true that there was NO ambiance whatsoever, but we were there to eat not there to appreciate the decoration. We just couldn't see ourselves eating the so-called Chinese food in a 5 star hotel which we could easily do here in San Francisco. Of course, different strokes for different folks......

Last edited by Renotommy; 22-02-2010 at 04:19 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast