Laos Anyone?

Closed Thread

Laos Anyone?

Ok I know it's a long shot BUT.......

Would anyone be interested in doing a volunteer holiday thing in Laos next year starting on July 31st?

You have 3 days training in Thailand, followed by 2 weeks in a small village in the jungle in a beautiful Laos national park. The work you do is basically elephant tracking, and working with the locals to help teach them a bit of English and help prepare them for an eco-tourism project that they are starting in the area.

You get to go on lots of hikes (so must be reasonably fit) that you otherwise wouldn't have access to, there's some amazing wildlife (leopards, bears, elephants), and you live as part of the village community, rather than as a tourist.

IF anyone's interested please let me know!!! I'm already booked to do this but suddenly panicked and thought I don't want to do it alone! Finding someone who's up for it is proving quite difficult!

xxx

Sounds pretty cool actually. Don't know if I can spare two weeks' worth of income though. :P

Yeah that seems to be most peoples problem!! Ohhh dear....

Have you been successful gathering people last summer?
    Is this up again for 2010?

This sounds very interesting to me - Would you be able to provide a link for more details ? By which organization is this program offered, particular date of departure, deadline for application, specific requirements of an applicant, fees...etc.

Cheers !

It sounds wonderful! I will really consider about that coz if I stay in my current workplace, defi not able to be away that long...hm...

sounds very interesting - could you please let me know if you gather enough interests to go? Would definitely strive for time off!

Try the internet! Just enter "Laos" as a search term.