Like Tree63Likes

Getting an English Teaching Job in Hong Kong.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Hi all,I just need some advice before I start to apply teaching jobs.I'm living in the UK and would realy love to work in HK.I have over three years Experiance working in day care nursery,I also have NVQ level 2 in childcare,and many more achievements,with the basic qualification and I have GCSE in English.I want to know if anyone has a rough idea if I am able to get a chance in a position of teaching?or shall I just forget it?I'm 32 years old.

You have a GCSE in English?

Sounds like you're over qualified...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using GeoClicks Mobile

Shazana, I'm going to take a stab in the dark here....you're not a native English speaker are you?

carang and Skyhook like this.

Shazana - depending on your nationality you could become a Foreign Domestic Helper (FDH). They do most of the childcare here in HK - creches are rare. Downside - the pay is pitiful (third world pay level) and you have to live with the family.

Unless you are a Native english speaker, getting a teaching job would be much harder.

Shazana, do you have a university degree? If not, it would be virtually impossible to prove your fitness as a teacher to the Immigration Department.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Shazana, I'm going to take a stab in the dark here....you're not a native English speaker are you?

I won't even stab in the dark. You don't have many friends do you?

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    Well,

I'm obnoxious, opinionated, a know it all, I don't drink and I hate just about everybody and I have two kids....what do you think Sherlock?
    justjoe86 and MovingIn07 like this.

I speak fluent English.I don't have university degree but I do have NVQ level 2 in childcare.I have done GCSE in English at school also first aid ,health&saftey and many more achievements.Please don't be harsh just needed some advice that's all! I have been in HK it's just a lovely place to be not like UK cold and damp.I was born and brought up in UK and my nationality is British .

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Well,

I'm obnoxious, opinionated, a know it all, I don't drink and I hate just about everybody and I have two kids....what do you think Sherlock?
    I'm new on this site so I don't have many friends!

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    Thanks for your advice,some people are just so....!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast