Get a TEFL in Canada or HK?

Closed Thread

Get a TEFL in Canada or HK?

Hi Everyone,

I have a Bachelors of Arts Degree majoring in Communication Studies with a minor in Religion and Culture. I am a Native English and plan to teach English in Hong Kong.

I wish to work for the EMB or International Schools and I was wondering if it is better to obtain the TEFL certificate here in Toronto, Canada or in Hong Kong? Will it increase my chances of being hired by the EMB with a TEFL certificate in HK?

I am Chinese and was born in Canada. Does the EMB or International schools only hire Caucasians for NET/English teachers?

Any answers or thoughts will be appreciated.

Surely TEFL in Canada would be your best bet. I am doing mine through i-to-i online.

Your main qualification is the fact you are a Native speaker.

Hi,
    just wondering which online tefl/tesol courses are the best (ones that wont scam you)?

TEFL courses online, TEFL/TESL Certificate, Teach English as a Foreign Language, CELTA certificate

This is the one I am doing. I have spoken to others who did it as well and are using it and teaching now. This is just an online one.

I guess it depends how recognized you want to be.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6981762281&ref=ts

If you go to the above Facebook group it would be a good place to ask as well.