Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Luggage/Suitcase Repair

LAG

Luggage/Suitcase Repair

Hi
    Can someone recommend a shop in Central that can repair my suitcase. It is a large roller type bag, and the zipper seems to have come apart from the fabric. Looks like some heavy duty sewing would do the trick.
    Can anyone help.
    Thanks

Great Wall Leather Goods repair shop at 20 Old Bailey Street fixes all types of suitcases and bags, not only leather. I was there yesterday collecting a flight bag that had a zipper repaired (repair took two days and cost $80 - a bargain). Don't be put off as the tiny shop always looks as if it has closed down. Pull the door towards you and, if you can see past the piles of cases and bags stacked up to the ceiling, you'll find someone among them to help you. The owner speaks excellent English.

Hi Mark6.... this place that you have recommended, does it fix the wheels of the luggage as well?

Banned

Just for reference, this shop is no longer there. Calling the number on their website connects to someone who claims still to be ab;e to do the work, but appears not to have a shop - they offered to meet me in Ap Lei Chau to get the bag repaired, but they do not have premises there.

So, can anyone recommend a place on the North side of HK Island (Sheung Wan/Central/Wan Chai/Causeway Bay) who can do repairs at a reasonable price to luggage that has been attacked in the name of US Airport Secuirty? (Zippers broken, lining detached, etc)

Luggage Wheel Repairing

Hi,

For repairing the wheel, it depends how the original wheels fixing. If by screws, I guess it can be fixed, if by studs, they need a special tool and I don't think they have.
    Does the wheel and the bearing falling apart? or What?

Jenn

Smile Elle wheel repair

Try this number 24088668.

This appears to be the ELLE suitcase repair department in Hong Kong. Not sure it will fix other brands. The place is in Tsuen Wan.

Tai Cheong Leather
    1/F Grand Bldg,
    20 Granville Circuit
    Tsim Sha Tsui

852) 27237491
    (852) 27237487

repair virtually all brands as long they can get the parts

ps, samsonite repair centre only repair samsonite products

i need to sort a replacement castor/wheel for a friend's travelpro so i have order the part directly from the us ( no hk distributor for travelpro), but not many places (ie, authorised samsonite/rimowa, etc repairers) willing to do this even with the parts,.

Quote Originally Posted by chiupolini
    Try this number 24088668.

This appears to be the ELLE suitcase repair department in Hong Kong. Not sure it will fix other brands. The place is in Tsuen Wan.
    elle, rimowa and samsonite only repair their own products even if you have the replacement parts.

Thank you

Thanks for the recommendation.

I spoke with Gloria who was great on the phone.

More Info:
    open Mon - Sat, 11 - 7
    MTR to TST, exit B2

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    Tai Cheong Leather
    1/F Grand Bldg,
    20 Granville Circuit
    Tsim Sha Tsui

852) 27237491
    (852) 27237487

i need to sort a replacement castor/wheel for a friend's travelpro so i have order the part directly from the us ( no hk distributor for travelpro), but not many places (ie, authorised samsonite/rimowa, etc repairers) willing to do this even with the parts,.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    Tai Cheong Leather
    1/F Grand Bldg,
    20 Granville Circuit
    Tsim Sha Tsui

852) 27237491
    (852) 27237487

I think these are the same guys that fix stuff for Cathay. I have had several suitcases sent to them and they came back in worse condition after they were fixed. The most reset case was a dent on the side that needed fixing but they sent back my case with the frame damaged and deep scratches all over the top. Even the Cathay guys said they had received numerous complaints about them lately and had to compensate people for the damage.

I ended up buying Rimowa luggage after this incident and the service with them is top notch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast