Like Tree1Likes

Epsom Salts

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

The one on the 3rd floor in the mall at the Tsing Yi MTR/Airport Express station. I'd think any local pharmacy can order it (when I say pharmacy I am not talking about Sasa, Watsons or Mannings). They can definitely order it, only takes a few days. You may need to print some pictures or Chinese wording for them to get what you want.

Lee Hong Dispensary

Quote Originally Posted by ClueMinus:
    Can you point me to which one? Much thanks in advance.
    Why don,t you 3622 1287buy from welspring.hk telephone number3622 1287.
    They are selling at $68 for 4 pounds so that is $17 for each pound.
    The chinese drug stores won't speak English and you have to order it because
    they don't keep any stocks of epsom salts. they have epsom salts wrapped in
    brown paper bags(produced by Kam Sine Manufactory).

Quote Originally Posted by ClueMinus:
    yook is likely to be æµ´, which is "bath". So with that word, you may be purchasing any of the different types of bathing salt out there. The Japanese is big on this bathing salt thing, there are way too many types.

In case anybody has the same need, Epsom Salts is written as 瀉鹽 in Chinese. In Cantonese it sounds like "sear yim "-- sear is as in bear, not as in Sears.

As you know, Cantonese is a tonal language. So the pitch of the second sound "yim" is lower than the first one.
    The product I bought said, "Epsom Salt" in English. Brown paper wrapping.

Hello everyone, I have epsom salts for sale, 480g per bag selling at 10 dollars,
    350g per bag selling at $7.5 dollars per bag. Country of origin is China .
    You can try buying a few quantities first. Trade at MTR
    stations.

Just searched for this in Yuen Long. They said it is called 泻盐 or "say yim". Price was HK$2 per box. The box is small but I'm going to try it with my plants so it is good enough for me.

Name:  PHOTO_20160720_182126.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  2.41 MB

refreshHK likes this.