+ [Reply]
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Like Tree3Likes

Second hand iPhone

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    45
    Likes Recd
    6
    Likes Given
    4

    Second hand iPhone

    I would like to buy a used unlocked iPhone. I just want a cheap one as I already have a work blackberry. I am assuming that, with the iPhone 4 being released, that there must be quite a few iPhone 3's looking for homes. Any thoughts on where to buy one?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,939
    Likes Recd
    560
    Likes Given
    325
    I asked 4 or 5 shops around Apliu Street in Sham Shui Po a few days ago. They didn't have any 3GS models, but they wanted between $3200 and $3800 for second hand iPhone 3G (I would never buy a 3G). A brand new 3GS with 8GB from Apple costs HK$ 4088. That doesn't make a lot of sense. I am a Gwailo and I didn't really look very hard.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,839
    Likes Recd
    1254
    Likes Given
    89
    This is the overpriced gadget of the decade... Who would have thought 10-15 years ago that Apple would be worth more than Microsoft.

    Times have changed...
    imparanoic and virago like this.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,796
    Likes Recd
    898
    Likes Given
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk View Post
    This is the overpriced gadget of the decade... Who would have thought 10-15 years ago that Apple would be worth more than Microsoft.

    Times have changed...
    apple is about fashion, not technology

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,135
    Likes Recd
    2500
    Likes Given
    2726
    Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk View Post
    This is the overpriced gadget of the decade... Who would have thought 10-15 years ago that Apple would be worth more than Microsoft.

    Times have changed...
    Though they have a good product. It sells itself as journalists advertise for them! Apple saves hundreds of millions on advertising as everybody else does their marketing for them.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    361
    Likes Recd
    39
    Likes Given
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by virago View Post
    Though they have a good product. It sells itself as journalists advertise for them! Apple saves hundreds of millions on advertising as everybody else does their marketing for them.
    One of the most overrated gadget. Apple marketing = a work of genius.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,839
    Likes Recd
    1254
    Likes Given
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by virago View Post
    Though they have a good product. It sells itself as journalists advertise for them! Apple saves hundreds of millions on advertising as everybody else does their marketing for them.
    Ever noticed how many TV shows and movies use the iPhone? That kind of product placement is subtle but genius... Personally, I think they are better than regular commercials for this kind of gadget looking for the cool factor.

    And they're using some of Microsoft old tricks, by cornering the apps market on their OS, it becomes a lot more difficult for other platforms to compete. Developers are not stupid, they'll spend their time where the money is...
    Last edited by gilleshk; 21-01-2011 at 11:08 AM.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,796
    Likes Recd
    898
    Likes Given
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk View Post
    Ever noticed how many TV shows and movies use the iPhone? That kind of product placement is subtle but genius... Personally, I think they are better than regular commercials for this kind of gadget looking for the cool factor.

    And they're using some of Microsoft old tricks, by cornering the apps market on their OS, it becomes a lot more difficult for other platforms to compete. Developers are not stupid, they'll spend their time where the money is...

    well not on hk tv shows and dramas ( esp, considering iphone users and population ratio is very high in hk), on tvb, they all use sony ericsson as they are the sponsors!!

    does any think that ios will be dominating phone os in 5 years time, or would android, win7 or even rim
    Morrison likes this.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,839
    Likes Recd
    1254
    Likes Given
    89
    HK TV shows and dramas are a drop in the bucket compared to US stuff. People all over the world watch US TV...

    I think that once someone corners the market in an OS like Microsoft did on computers and Apple is doing on phones, it becomes extremely difficult to catch up unless there's a major blunder or a significant advancement in technology.

    Apple even screwed up with Antennagate and look at the success of iPhone 4. Frankly I don't see a significant change...

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13
    I bought one about 2 months ago, brand new iphone 3gs from Mong Kok for $3700. Looking back that was quite cheap.

+ [Reply]
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone 3g or iPhone 3GS second hand
    By Dmitriy in forum Shopping Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-09-2010, 02:37 PM
  2. Keep using iPhone 3GS or new iPhone 4 on contract?
    By Openrice in forum Telecom, Mobile Phones & Data
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 02:24 PM
  3. Looking to Buy a 2nd hand PSP
    By jereb in forum Home Entertainment / Video Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-05-2009, 03:04 PM
  4. 2nd hand PS2? where ?
    By supersam in forum General Technical Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 03:41 PM
  5. Looking for 2nd hand PSP
    By eject_hunter in forum Home Entertainment / Video Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-03-2006, 05:06 PM


Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO