Where can I buy lanterns

Closed Thread

Where can I buy lanterns

Does anyone know where in Hong Kong I can buy either paper sky lanterns (The kind that you light and they fly up into the sky) and or nice paper garland lantens that I can use to hang inside or outside for a wedding back in the UK. I can get them in he UK but they are extortinate and they all seem to ultimately be made in CHina so it feels like I should be abel to get them more reasonably here. I cannot seem to find a lantern shop or anything despite the fact that there are regular lantern festivals here!

I'm pretty sure I've seen one shop on Lyndhurst Terrace which sells them. It's a shop selling all kinds of Chinese knick-knacks & has lanterns hanging out the front. It's a short street so can't miss it...have a look.

i have the same plan as you, chinese lanterns for a garden wedding in Canada this summer....we found ours in Stanley, at a shop up the stairs right beside DeliFrance...6-8 inches high, black wire frames with colored cloth (silk??) and wood on top and bottom...hold a candle...I think they were about $60 each? they had bigger ones too and paper ones as well...in fact we saw many of the big red cylindrical paper lanterns there, many sizes....

also try the Lai See shop in Theatre Lane(?) beside HSBC in Central...think i saw some there too

the only place i've ever seen the flying lanterns is Thailand...

Thanks so much all :-)

Did you find your sky lanterns?