Like Tree1Likes

How to get rid of clothes?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How to get rid of clothes?

Hi,
    I am having a wardrobe breakdown.
    I am full of clothes that I actually don't need/don't wear anymore. Is there any second hand shop in HK willing to give few bucks in exchange of second hand clothes still in a very good condition?
    Cheers,

Hi Lovehate,

If you want to donate your clothes, you could try the Salvation Army. There are many Salvation Army Family stores located around HK.

The Salvation Army Hong Kong and Macau Command

A few months ago, we did some spring cleaning and had a pile of unwanted clothes. We decided to donate them to the nearest Salvation Army Family store (Yau Ma Tei branch), but unfortunately the store was closed. In the end, we gave them to an elderly woman sitting on a trolley surrounded by rubbish bags outside the store. She was grateful and we were very grateful to offload the clothes to someone who wanted them!

also if you live near a public housing estate, many have big donation bins where you can deposit your old clothes (many private estates have them as well)

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

There are many collection bins around which are commercial ones. If you want to donate them for non-commercial use, check out the Friends of the Earth collection bins locations:

http://www.foe.org.hk/welcome/geten....%20391,%203350

Does anyone know if there are any second hand shops which will buy designer second hand clothes. I have a few designer ball dresses which I want to sell since I have only worn them once.

Thanks

crybaby120482 likes this.

I looked into second hand stuff (all sorts) when I arrived as I used to buy/sell all types of goods on trademe, the auction website in NZ. Alas, I couldn't find ANYTHING similar here. The reasons seemed to be that chinese do not like wearing/using second hand goods ... so the market for such things is quite small, being only us expats ....soooo

KIA - perhaps another expansion of geoexpat is in order? How does geoauction sound? Take a look at trademe.co.nz if you want to see how a decent auction site works (ebay does not get a look-in in NZ!)

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

If the clothes have 'designed labels', you could try 3rd Avenue in Pedder Building.

Are there any services that pickup cloths/shoe, I wish to donate, from my residence (wanchai)?

If they are serious designer labels then try ebay and be prepared to ship internationally.

Not particullarly high end stuff. Bossini, G2000....some shoes...nothing fancy.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast