Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wellcome Octopus Rewards

Banned

As bookblogger has often mentioned, the flipside is that Wellcome and Octopus can now track your shopping habits. Whilst I feel a bit uneasy about that in principle, since I almost always use a credit card with my name on it to pay (so that, for example, I got HK$825 of coupons today for using my Citibank card to buy stuff at Wellcome that I was going to buy anyway) they could do that anyway, so it's no big deal.

Basically if you're worried about this stuff you pay cash. If you're not then there's about 10-12.5% to be had off your Wellcome bill if you can do it in chunks of $500+ at a time. (More if you buy wine when they have an additional 15% off for spending over $300 - but be careful: some wines have their prices ramped up during these promos).
    Last edited by PDLM; 05-12-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Wellcome Octopus Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by bdw
    So whats the promotion going on at circle K at the moment? After I pay for something with octopus, they point to a number pad on the counter and expect me to enter some code. I say "no thanks" and they look a bit surprised and then move on to the next customer. But its happened a few times in the last week and I wonder what I am missing out on.
    If you have a winning number you can claim a free Toy Story plastic plate.

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone
    If you have a winning number you can claim a free Toy Story plastic plate.
    Thanks. So I'm suppose to make up my own number and key it in? 4 digits, 6 digits? I cant believe I have been giving away all these chances for a Toy Story plate! It will go great with the Mickey Mouse bowl I got free with the toothpaste I bought last week, and the Buzz Lightyear passbook and bookends I got when I opened an RMB account at Standard Chartered a few months back.

That reminds me, I got a letter from SCB last week that said I've transferred enough HKD to RMB over the last few months that I get a free Dumbo elephant thingamajig. I have to take the letter to TST to go pick it up! Must not forget

Banned

There is undoubtedly a need to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to these type of deals... $50-75 coupons at Wellcome for spending $500? sure; tacky Toy Story plate for spending $50 5 times (on average) at Circle K? I think not.

I signed up for the Octopus rewards and then it says that I am not registered. I then try to re-register and it says I am already registered. I then try to call the hotline and it just dicks me around saying I am registered or something. Anyways, gave up on Octopus rewards.

How do you go about upgrading your octopus?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jozi_Flower
    How do you go about upgrading your octopus?
    You follow the link I gave on the first page of this thread...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12