Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Loz_2

Where to Buy Framed Prints

Closed Thread

Where to Buy Framed Prints

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a reasonably priced store to buy framed prints? I have this blank wall at home and I need to give it some personality. My budget is under HKD800 and preferably HKD600. But dunno if that is enough for frame too?

In particular (but not specifically) i do like vibrant cheerful works like Bonnard. Even interesting classic b/w photo prints would be nice too.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Posted via Mobile Device

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread...tml#post429033

Please come to the meetings.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the link Shakermaker!

You can walk along the stretch of Queen's Road East between Hopewell Center (Garden East apartments) and Star Street, or Stanley market has some interesting prints at reasonable prices.

Thanks Kudra. I've been past there before and forgot about those shops. good one.

art for your wall!

Check out photographer Darren Lebeuf's website. He is based in HK and has some fantastic pieces at really reasonable prices. I find his stuff looks really great dry mounted or mounted/printed on canvas. He will deliver the pieces to you in this format, or you will choose a frame together (he is also a designer so I like to get his input on frames).

J

Just a follow up.

I ended up buying a nice print in Sydney and got it framed in Hong Kong.

I got it done at a shop called Yan Sang Glass and Frames Co. @ 121 Queens Road East after checking out a couple of framing shops around that area. I found them to be the friendliest, most enthusiastic and professional of the lot.

This guy Sonny framed my print for HKD800 (17" x 48" frame ) and it cost an extra HKD150 delivery to Tseung Kwan O.

They may not be the cheapest you can get in town, but they did it all in a couple of days. Worth checking out as a starting point if you want peace of mind and minimal hassles.

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a reasonably priced store to buy framed prints? I have this blank wall at home and I need to give it some personality. My budget is under HKD800 and preferably HKD600. But dunno if that is enough for frame too?

In particular (but not specifically) i do like vibrant cheerful works like Bonnard. Even interesting classic b/w photo prints would be nice too.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Dreadnought likes this.