Fabric

Closed Thread

Fabric

where is the best place to get some reasonable ($), but nice fabirc from on the island? shops, markets etc etc....thanx

Don't know about prices, but check out the top floor of The Western Market near Sheung Wan.

thanks, I went there on wednesday...lots of choice!

What were the prices like?

Hi Princess Tink,
    You should go to Sham Shui Po. there are 3 long streets specializing selling textiles and clothing accessories, like zip , puller..crystals.brooch..I have seen nice fabrics there!! You can take MTR and get out the exit A2. Walk forwarded..you will find loads..the name of the street is called Nam Cheong Street..

thanks gals...

the prices were good I thought, simple cottons from $15/yard and silks from $100/yard, the sellers I spoke to were really nice, not pushy and open to offers, but the don't sell pins, needles, thread etc...

Western Market

Hi there,
    Would you mind telling me where the western market is? I am new in Hong Kong and I have no idea where it is. Is it possible to have some directions?
    Thank you

Hi, you can find all the stitching needs in a huge shop ( sorry forgot the name) in the Megabox at Kowloon bay. They have nice cotton patchwork fabrics.

The store is called Spotlight.