Mence Beauty

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

These places often prey on the uninformed and the 'desperate' - ie 'nothing else has worked for me' which is usually down to poor advice or a lack of knowledge. Claims and results can, in the short term at least, often appear to be dramatic - especailly when the person is severely overweight (obese). In these cases a simple change in the persons diet and and starting any sort of exercise will shed a lot of weight (note, 'weight' not just fat - as a large amount of this weight loss is water). However, this rate of loss is not sustained for very long, and more often than not it stops before the person has reached their target weight. The result of this is that that person will often feel dissapointed and lose interest as 'it's not working anymore', return to their previous eating habits and put the weight back on.

The techniques described by previous posters, such has 'tummy massage', sit-ups on a pilates ball and such like are not very useful at all. The only way to loose body fat is by creating a calorie defecit. Most important in this process is your diet, followed by your exercise routine and then your daily habits (ie walking up stairs instead of the escalator etc). Somebody massaging your stomach is not going to help, additionally the amount of sit-ups required to burn a 1lb of fat (thats 3500 stored calories) is in the thousands.

My advice, save your money - sort out your diet, and start a proper exercise programme, involving resistance training, high intensity interval training and steady state cardio - and increase your Non Exercise Activity Levels (stairs, walking, etc) in that order of importance.

Last edited by DanielandHayley; 20-08-2008 at 12:59 PM.

mgmg: where'd you get the sockeye salmon?

@DanielandHayley a very sound advice!
    i just hope we could get the motivation to do all of that

Sockeye Salmon www.shl-hk.com

Since I was asked to eat specifically sockeye salmon, I bought it from Dr. Chiu on serendipityhouse.com.hk - Home. Browse around and you'll find their products are in lots of stores in Hong Kong. I'd rather order by phone since they provide free shipping!!

This sockeye fish diet is really important since the World Wildlife Foundation recommends avoiding farmraised fish and studies have proven that it farmed fish contains weight gaining and metabolism lowering chemicals.

Dr. Chiu also recommended avoiding locally available beef and chicken due to high chemical injections and purchasing instead from meatmarket.hk

I can only tell others what worked for me and my results. I don't suggest that people should copy exactly what I did. I think you should get your individual case examined because every person is different.

Customized weight loss programs really work because they are tailor-made for your lifestyle and needs. You end up saving yourself tons of disappointments and even money because it is done professionally.

I also like the fact that I can find him on other websites. Transparency is very important for us desparate consumers.

Great Looking Skin at Any Age: 11 Tips : Book Guide : Special Guides : Lifestyle : Sympatico / MSN

Thank you for that info. He really does sound like he knows what he's doing! Probably charges more than I can afford though. I have no problem shedding the weight if I do what I'm supposed to, but I like my beer and I love good food. Definitely need to get back in the gym though.

so what about mence beauty's programme

So it's great to hear about all the testimonial about dr. chiu and other personal experience on weight loss.

Any comment on Mence Beauty especially for those who have use their program (eye bag removal, contouring body, face, etc.)

Jordan store or causewaybay?

thanks

consultation

Hi guys,

I've been having the same sort of problem since i would classify myself at present as a 'uninformed and needy' person. MENCE, their website looked nice and all. The prices are not shown, so depending on the person, and depending on how much weight they would want to target to lose, would be the variables.
    I guess my advice here is that you should just take some time out, arrange a meeting with them since their 'promotion' consists of a free consultation anyway.
    Hey and if you could, take a copy of your data, and devise a plan using the data w/o neccessarily depending on the slimming centre. ..Thats what I'm gonna do anyway sometime this week.