Like Tree3Likes

Where to a buy a smoke alarm/detector?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Where to a buy a smoke alarm/detector?

Potentially stupid question - am I missing something - but where can I buy a smoke alarm that I can just put on the ceiling myself?

I have asked in a few of the small electrical/hardware stores that seem to sell everything under the sun but none of them have them or know where to buy them. If anyone knows where to buy one then please let me know.

Thanks.

decoration comapnies????

Er...? We need one too. For some reason our building, though new, doesnt have smoke detectors fitted, and I dont fancy my chances getting down the stairs and out the 'miniture' fire escape without some prior warning....

We still haven't found one - if I find one I'll let you know where. I don't fancy my chances either - esp. with the lack of powerpoints in HK apartments and thus the need to buy powerboards that can take like a million plugs each!

The battery type, if you are interested, costs about HK$350

cheers,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    The battery type, if you are interested, costs about HK$350

cheers,
    John
    John

They need to know where to buy one not just how much it costs!

I have a few (brand new) battery type ceiling mounted smoke detectors left over from my last months project, they cost $350 (excluding delivery/postage).

No idea how much postage would cost within HK, if anyone is interested I'll check.

send me a PM.

cheers,
    John

Did anyone ever find a shop selling them?

I did fine one in Mongkok last week, but at 700$ i was not keen - in Aus/NZ you can get about 10 for that price! I might have to wait until I go home and pick up a 3-pack in KMart , but I cannot believe they are SO RARE here in HK????!!! Any ideas?

B&Q in Megabox has them but I don't know the price.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Safety Fire Equipment in Wanchai sells all kinds of equipment for home and office use, including US-made smoke alarms and fire extinguishers. Fyrnetics HK also has a range of products including CO2 and smoke combo alarms, contact the head office in Kwai Chung about where to buy. There are other places, such as small electrical supplies shops which also sell these items.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 15-05-2008 at 09:43 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast