HK DRIVERS LICENCE in Australia

HK DRIVERS LICENCE in Australia

I moved to HK before i got my drivers licence in Australia. Never needed 1 in HK, now im 29 and moving back in a few years. Getting a licence is simple in HK....IF I got it here in hong kong could i by-pass all the stiff regulations back home....????? like passenger restrictions and log books etc......?

Quote Originally Posted by rocky22
    I moved to HK before i got my drivers licence in Australia. Never needed 1 in HK, now im 29 and moving back in a few years. Getting a licence is simple in HK....IF I got it here in hong kong could i by-pass all the stiff regulations back home....????? like passenger restrictions and log books etc......?
    I doubt it. I had a full UK driving license with a clean record and they still made me take a practical test before giving me an Australian license. Anyway, why don't you just google online and find the answer... or ask on an Australian forum!

There you go - these are the rules for Victoria (as you know, each state is different).

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/ex...Published#reco

Hong Kong drivers are NOT exempt from the tests (although interestingly, Singapore drivers are, the only ones from Asia).
    Last edited by MovingIn07; 11-05-2012 at 02:07 PM.

You cannot transfer a HK license to Australia, but you might be able to bypass some of the work and just do a test.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...id_english.pdf

Depends on the state - NSW informed me I could transfer back there (maybe because I did my test there? albeit back in the '70s!); but in Qld I had to go back on Ls for the full year