Gyms In HK...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Physical has a good Gym in Shatin. Besides them I don't think there are many choices in the NT.

There are loads os locals in the Gyms in TST and Physical Shatin (95% Local).

Cali wanted to charge me either 280 (1 yr contract) for use of the gym all week but dont want or need 1 year contract tho. They dont hear this unfortunatley even tho you tell them that u wont be here for a year!.... So the alternative there was 500 month but can only use the gym on mon, wed, fri and sat

Check out fitness first if u dont want a year contract. It will cost more per month 500 -600 but I had no joining / admin fees and the best thing is that u dont have wait for the equiptment...

PURE looks nice if your wallet can take it

Last edited by excilus; 21-06-2005 at 10:35 PM.

i hope they have 1 month trial kinda thing.

i signed up for a fitness assessment at the fitness center in hong kong park. 4th of july at 7pm. let's see how it goes

Fitness First is by far the most professional

Fitness First is the global leaders in the health and fitness industry with over 450 clubs in 17 countries world wide (when you join one you join them all). You will pay a little extra although the facilities and service is second to none. They have a great range of group fitness classes, PT and body care to. If you wish to have a club with all the extra Bells and Whistles you can check out the Fitness First Plus clubs they will take your breath away.

where's hongkong park, jay? give your assessment after 4 july, k?

although the facilities and service is second to none.<<

Very true however the equipment is not that fantastic. Its ok for smaller people, women and beginners. They do a great job of running the place though.

OK guys...I just arrived 2days ago. I decided to check out the gyms and get into a good routine quick.

Califonia gym in Mong Kok (where I am staying) looked big and quite nice. I was hoping to get some free trial work outs but no such luck. The assistant did offer me a free health check though.

He was trying to offer me the phase 1, platinum deal. $588, one-off life time sign on fee and then a 12month $498 contract. Well that's too rich for my blood. So, I checked out Fitness First in TST. It's not as big as California, but looked decent never the less.

As a Fitness First UK member, he said I can only do 30 workouts altogether...that's lame. I asked what's the prices and the lady said I have to speak to a counsultant (obviously cos there are different prices going on).

I am gutted with the prices and restriction these gyms have on people. I am gonna look for a cheap and cheerful hardcord gym to train at instead...once I find an apartment

dragons
    You might want to check out Physical in TST (Sheraton Hotel). They had a $149 deal a few weeks ago. They are a no nonsense outfir and the staff do not get commisions.

Do the YMCA still have gyms? I use to be a member of Pure Fitness who were fantastic, but not very cheap. The facilities were top notch with dvd players on most equipment, great change rooms and they even supply t-shirt, socks, shorts etc...
    I now have a gym in my apartment so i left.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast