Mountain Biking?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mountain Biking?

Hey All

I have been in HK for 6 months and am looking for some people who are interested in doing some Mountain Biking.

Drop me a message if you going mtb regularly or are looking to get into it.

Cheers

My friends and I do quite a lot of biking, but most is done on Lamma as we have loads of trails on our doorstep. We have done the ride on Discovery Bay and Mui Wo to Pui O a few times- both of which are very good.
    A lot depends on what type of riding you want to do- if you're into downhill then Ma On Shan is the mecca. If you're into cross country then you have more choice with lamma, the rides I mentioned and various others. If you don't have your own bike then the Mui Wo ride is best because the bike shop there rents decent bikes. The bike shop on Lamma rents useable bikes but nothing you would want to depend on!
    There is a good website here which has people organising rides and giving advice. There is also an English guy who works casually (with a fag in his gob!) at Flying Ball who knows of an English guy who organises rides for fun. If the English guy isn't there ask Philip, one of the staff.
    Otherwise you can drop me a pm if you fancy coming across to Lamma- I usually go on Sat or Sun morning, depending on sailing!

I'd be interested in mountain biking. Ma Oh Sha sounds good to me. If something is being arranged, then PM me. I'll keep an eye on this thread anyway.

I also bike quite frequently, and can vouch that Philip is a good guy to know if you are planning to do a good amount of biking. As Lammarite said, CC is more prevalent in Lamma and some parts of Lantau. Another area not really mentioned is in Siu Lam in the new territories. There are some awesome downhill and CC rides between Route Twisk (the start of the silliest DH stretch I've ever ridden) and Tuen Mun (siu Lam right behind the jail). I go out there quite a lot, but never see more than one or two guys riding the trails, so it is quite nice.

I'd also be up to trying some new trails out too, so keep me posted if anyone wants in.

Would like to join you guys, if its some where I can rent decent bikes!!(No wheels of my own )

There is a big ride on Lamma on the 5th of March if anyone's feeling confident!
    We could look at doing a ride on the morning of that Sunday on Lamma and then going to watch some of the really good guys.

Thanks for all the great info, especially the website, good to see plenty of people in HK with the same interest.

I'm planning on picking up the new bike on the weekend. So all going well i will drop a few of you a PM next week to plan a ride.

If any of you are planning something in the meantime let me know. I think the solo endro is probably out of my fitness level at tis early stage, but if anyone is looking for a partner for the team event drop me a PM.

Alright folks- a bit late in the week I know but how about a Sunday morning ride on Lamma this weekend?
    We could meet at the ferry pier, ride for a couple of hours and go for a cold beer and some lunch before you head back to town. We can do a pretty easy cross country which will be fun for the beginners and a good shakeout for the more experienced.
    I have a friend with a bunch of good Cannondale/Look/Giant bikes you can rent if you don't have your own bike. I need numbers to get them ready though.

Who's up for it? PM me as soon as you can so I can get numbers and sort some bikes.

As I said earlier, would love to do a few rides, but since there is a hike happening this Saturaday, guess I wouldn't be in the right state to do a XC ride on Sunday!But if its some other time please drop a line.
    BTW if your interested in the hike take a look here.
    http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread8291.html

Lammarite

I'm in, will send you a PM

Harves

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast