Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Junk Parts/ Junk Yard

Scrap Yards In Yuen Long

Hi...I came across your comments and wonder if these scrap yards have any Golf GTI Mk.4 spare parts? I am looking to replace some of the interior plastic housing under the dash as the HK heat has begun to melt them and I can't seem to fix the problem....any advise would be great...

dickypa

yuen long and shek kong area are the best places to go to.

some junk yard sell their parts (more like exterior and engine parts ) on chinese mag car buyerz, they have contact number as well ( onky advisable if you can speak cantonese)

Lam Tei, New Territories (Up North to you Islanders!!)
    Hi, I live in Lam Tei, near Yuen Long. If you drive out to Kam Tin, next to YL there are hundreds of scrap yards and you will almost certainly find what you want there. Take a local or get a local to write down what you want in Chinese. Great area to buy wheels/tyres as well!

Great...thanks...will look for them on my next day off...and guess I should bring a local with me?

fth

I seem to remember there was an expat here who used to market some Caterham Seven style kit cars. There are some regulatory hurdles to get the car on the road.

hmmm going back to this topic about the junk yards.... does anyone here live in Mui Wo? I recently happened to take a bus from mui wo to palm beach...on the way there (South Lantau Rd) quite early on the trip 5 min after the bus left a depot, I just happened to catch a glimpse of what looked like a junk yard with a Austin Mini 1960-80's? it was red in colour and had weeds growing on its back portion.

Anyone seen this car or have any details about it?

whay don't you ask the junk yard?

Lam Tei, New Territories (Up North to you Islanders!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    whay don't you ask the junk yard?
    Why don't you either answer the question or keep quiet smart a.... maybe it's difficult for him to get there, doesn't have the phone number and doesn't speak Chinese.....sheesh...
    Last edited by 88CarsHongKong; 11-09-2010 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 88CarsHongKong
    Why don't you either answer the question or keep quiet smart a.... maybe it's difficult for him to get there, doesn't have the phone number and doesn't speak Chinese.....sheesh...
    likewise

Quote Originally Posted by 88CarsHongKong
    Thanks 88CarsHK

That's exactly my situation, being that I live on HK Island its quite rare that I go out to lantau, and it doesn't help that I can't speak Chinese... soo I pretty much will not venture out to Lantau without some (even the smallest) bit of info prior, otherwise I'll just be running around mui wo like a headless chicken...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast