Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

where to buy car parts and accessories?

where to buy car parts and accessories?

what is the "Autozone" in HK? Is there one?

I do the engine oil change by myself in the states. Can anyone let me know where to buy engine oil and filters? thanks!

Jaffe Road in Wanchai/Causeway Bay has quite a few car accessory shops.

If you're in the NW NT there are a bunch of shops near Chi Lok / Yan Oi in Tuen Mun.

also, try Mongkok & Kowloon Bay.

Mongkok has a few stores near to Chinese Travel Agency,
    on Hak Bo Street.

thank you!

most decent place for car modding is super gt in kowloon bay

Super GT Ltd.

mong kok does more audio and car interior accessoried\s

Specific stores for Peugeot cars

Need help guys,

Plan to visit HK April, will stay in Kowloon Area. Trying to figure out accessories shop for Peugeot 307. Any help where I can find a specialized peugeot accessories stores in Kowloon area?

Trying to search using the web but keep stuck in online stores listing.
    I'm looking for an angel eyes headlamp + 2 din indash DVD + GPS unit.

Payment will be cash on carry basis. Appreciate if someone can help me on this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by udahenry
    Need help guys,

Plan to visit HK April, will stay in Kowloon Area. Trying to figure out accessories shop for Peugeot 307. Any help where I can find a specialized peugeot accessories stores in Kowloon area?

Trying to search using the web but keep stuck in online stores listing.
    I'm looking for an angel eyes headlamp + 2 din indash DVD + GPS unit.

Payment will be cash on carry basis. Appreciate if someone can help me on this.

Thanks

peugeots are actually a rare car in HK, thus, very few mod parts, the 2 din dash units are common though, better you don't waste your time cos you can easily get peugeot parts in europe. 90% of hk supplied mod parts are for japanese cars, possibly remaining percent are for german car, i have never seen modded peugeot, renuant not even a ford in HK.

The reason Peugeots are rare, is that they aren't very good, and have a bad reputation in Asia, which never really enjoyed the humid air, auto-electrically. Unless you want to throw money away in needless repairs, avoid Peugeots after the 505 / 205 sr GTi models.

The best Peugeot's they ever made, were the indestructible 404 and 504, which a great many are still on the roads as taxi's in the middle east, and there are still quite a few mint examples in Australia, my dads 1976 504GL and my uncles 1978 model, are both running today, my cousins wife now owns my uncles mint example, and a family friend bought my dads track blue 504GL in 1981, and both only required normal yearly services with close to 400,000kms travelled on both. Both run like a brand new Swiss watch. I owned a 1988 205Gti, which was a fantastic car back in the day, they seemed to have lost the plot since the 205Gti.

How many 90's 406 or 206, 207, 306, 307's 407's 2000's Peugeots get anywhere near 300 - 400,000Kms ? They are usually uneconomical to maintain before they reach 200,000kms, and in HK they rarely get past 100,000kms before major electrical repairs appear, due to the humid climate.

Your best bet for Peugeot after market parts, would be the UK, in my opinion, not Hong Kong...
    Last edited by Skyhook; 26-03-2010 at 08:42 AM.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    The reason Peugeots are rare, is that they aren't very good, and have a bad reputation in Asia, which never really enjoyed the humid air, auto-electrically. Unless you want to throw money away in needless repairs, avoid Peugeots after the 505 / 205 sr GTi models.

The best Peugeot's they ever made, were the indestructible 404 and 504, which a great many are still on the roads as taxi's in the middle east, and there are still quite a few mint examples in Australia, my dads 1976 504GL and my uncles 1978 model, are both running today, my cousins wife now owns my uncles mint example, and a family friend bought my dads track blue 504GL in 1981, and both only required normal yearly services with close to 400,000kms travelled on both. Both run like a brand new Swiss watch. I owned a 1988 205Gti, which was a fantastic car back in the day, they seemed to have lost the plot since the 205Gti.

How many 90's 406 or 206, 207, 306, 307's 407's 2000's Peugeots get anywhere near 300 - 400,000Kms ? They are usually uneconomical to maintain before they reach 200,000kms, and in HK they rarely get past 100,000kms before major electrical repairs appear, due to the humid climate.

Your best bet for Peugeot after market parts, would be the UK, in my opinion, not Hong Kong...
    But do they have stigma or worse image than old skoda (not bad considering nowaday budget ver of VW), lada, datsun, or the worse of the austin allegro

Imparanoic,

I don't think there is much more traumatic than pre VW owned Skoda's, the early 80's rear engine Skoda's, reliability was horrendous, and they rusted away like an iron nail in the dead sea. Who can forget Lada Samara's lol what pig of a car they were, and lets not forget the first generation Korean Hyundai excel circa 1988, with their interior plastics that turned into chalk lol hahaha.

Gladly in many respects we have moved on from those days, but unfortunately for Peugeot, they don't make cars as well as they were once fabled, as being one of the most dependable cars on the road. Ever since they lost interest in the WRC and their awesome Pikes peak time trial records, it sort of went down hill for them since then.

Climb Dance, man this brings back fond memories.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2dJibYvyAs"]YouTube- Pikes Peak Ari Vatanen Peugeot 405 T16 Hill Climb[/ame]

Datsuns weren't too bad, the P510 1600, the 240Z, 260Z, and the early late 60's Skyline GTR, still have a place among collectors today. But I agree they were a bit tinnie in the sheet metal department back then. Mechanically though, they had little to complain about.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 26-03-2010 at 03:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast